Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Gigablue 4K receivers and USB tuners

I downloaded the openvix-6.9.003.release-gbquad4kpro usb for my GBQuad4KPro.
Placed it in slot 2 - rebooted and then downloaded the driver ct2-dvb-usb-dualhd from OpenVix feeds - Rebooted again and configured the I and J Tuners for DVB-T and local region. Did a manual scan but unfortunately got the same results - 0 channels found!!! :(
The usb tuner I have is Hauppauge WinTV Dual HD model 1590.
Just a footnote to my report above!

I re-tested my Sony PS3 Dual tuner, which I thought was faulty because only one tuner worked in my vuplus duo2 with older openvix releases

It is now working perfectly, thanks to el bandido and his modified openvix-6.9.003.release-gbquad4kpro

So thanks a mill for the great work and well done!!! :)
 
Excellent! But what about this one? Hauppauge WinTV Dual HD model 1590? Sundtek devices aside, the edits that cause the usb tuners to work again would not be or should not be tuner specific where one brand of usb tuner works and others fail. See if you can get Hauppauge WinTV Dual HD to work. 100% Verify somewhere that it is in good working condition and has signal. Thanks.
 
Earlier I noticed someone had 0002-linux_dvb_adapter.patch installed in Vu+ Duo 4K Lite Linux files which has some relationship to the gb7252 receivers. The Vu+ Duo 4K Lite is a recent receiver addition. Seems whoever is coding the Duo 4K Lite could also make some small adjustments to the gb7252 dvb.ko file which would allow usb tuners to work without any enigma2 edits?

The enigma2 already has several work-arounds or edits to fix driver problems, and if the fix was at the gb7252 dvb.ko level then another enigma2 edit would not be needed.....

The Duo 4K Lite needs a proper 0002-linux_dvb_adapter.patch else the usb tuners may cause unwanted problems. A correctly edited patch for Duo 4K Lite is attached along with an image link that has the patch installed.


MD5: 4646c567282a9cb39f97475b59d9a3d1
 

Attachments

Excellent! But what about this one? Hauppauge WinTV Dual HD model 1590? Sundtek devices aside, the edits that cause the usb tuners to work again would not be or should not be tuner specific where one brand of usb tuner works and others fail. See if you can get Hauppauge WinTV Dual HD to work. 100% Verify somewhere that it is in good working condition and has signal. Thanks.
Yes, the first thing I did when the Hauppauge WinTV Dual HD model 1590 would nor work on the GB7252 - I tested it on my Laptop where I'm scrolling through the DVB-T channels on it as I write this. So it's working fine, even with the little antennae that comes with it.
Unfortunately I don't have an stb receiver with the correct kernel (except the gb7252) to test it on. All my vuplus's are too old at this stage.

Maybe one of the moderators (abu possibly) has access to the code writer/s who could push this forward and get the files you suggested patched and released officially? I'm available to test it on the gbquad4kpro.
 
I do not have or know about WinTV Dual HD model 1590, but I would like to see it work. If you are familiar with telnet or terminal then we can go through the process of debugging it. You would also need easy access to the receiver's system files.
 
I do not have or know about WinTV Dual HD model 1590, but I would like to see it work. If you are familiar with telnet or terminal then we can go through the process of debugging it. You would also need easy access to the receiver's system files.
Yes I am familiar with telnet and I have SecureCRT which is better. I also have root access to the box which I presume is what is required. Unfortunately I wont be able to do anything until tomorrow.
So if you could detail what I need to do and files you need to debug I could do that tomorrow and send them to you.
 
Okay we will use one diagnostic script that condenses several things into two tests. The diagnostic script has been ran on my gbue4k and refined, so it is proven to work on gb7252.

Verify the WinTV Dual HD model 1590 is plugged in and attempting to tune a frequency. Use Sat finder or Signal finder to tune to a strong-good transponder frequency. Note the frequency in MHz such as 485 or whatever your valid DVB-T or T2 frequency is. The frequency is needed for the second test and the tuner needs to be trying to tune it.

Download and extract the attached usbtuner-diag2.sh script. Place this script in /tmp of the receiver. Then set it up. Terminal commands are in bold:
cd /tmp
chmod +x /tmp/usbtuner-diag2.sh

First test:
sh usbtuner-diag2.sh
Note that a file is outputted to /tmp. here is my output:
Report saved to /tmp/usbtuner-diag-20260930-180036.txt
root@gbue4k:/tmp#
Second test:
sh usbtuner-diag2.sh --tune <Your mux in MHz>
Here is my output:
sh usbtuner-diag2.sh --tune 485 --atsc
Report saved to /tmp/usbtuner-diag-20260930-182741.txt
Note: I have --atsc in the last terminal command. The script is set to automatically check DVB-T and T2 if --atsc is not present. So if your frequency is 485, then your second terminal command is: sh usbtuner-diag2.sh --tune 485


Grab the two files that were generated in the receiver's /tmp put them in a folder, zip it, and attach it to a post. Hopefully doing all of this will expose the problem.

reboot The receiver when finished.
 

Attachments

Okay we will use one diagnostic script that condenses several things into two tests. The diagnostic script has been ran on my gbue4k and refined, so it is proven to work on gb7252.

Verify the WinTV Dual HD model 1590 is plugged in and attempting to tune a frequency. Use Sat finder or Signal finder to tune to a strong-good transponder frequency. Note the frequency in MHz such as 485 or whatever your valid DVB-T or T2 frequency is. The frequency is needed for the second test and the tuner needs to be trying to tune it.

Download and extract the attached usbtuner-diag2.sh script. Place this script in /tmp of the receiver. Then set it up. Terminal commands are in bold:
cd /tmp
chmod +x /tmp/usbtuner-diag2.sh

First test:
sh usbtuner-diag2.sh
Note that a file is outputted to /tmp. here is my output:
Report saved to /tmp/usbtuner-diag-20260930-180036.txt
root@gbue4k:/tmp#
Second test:
sh usbtuner-diag2.sh --tune <Your mux in MHz>
Here is my output:
sh usbtuner-diag2.sh --tune 485 --atsc
Report saved to /tmp/usbtuner-diag-20260930-182741.txt
Note: I have --atsc in the last terminal command. The script is set to automatically check DVB-T and T2 if --atsc is not present. So if your frequency is 485, then your second terminal command is: sh usbtuner-diag2.sh --tune 485


Grab the two files that were generated in the receiver's /tmp put them in a folder, zip it, and attach it to a post. Hopefully doing all of this will expose the problem.

reboot The receiver when finished.
Done that - here are two files.
 

Attachments

We need at some point to make sure different slots are not causing problems with our usb tuner fix. For example, it works on one slot and not when installed into another slot. I can probably do that with the my GB UE4K.

Seems the Dual HD is a newer hardware revision with an Si2168-D60 demodulator. The Linux 4.1 si2168 driver only recognizes the A20, A30 and B40 revisions. It rejects the D60, so the demodulator never starts. That's why the tune test, which bypasses enigma2 and the vtuner entirely, got no lock at all on either tuner. The dvb-demod-si2168-d60-01.fw firmware is in /lib/firmware, but the driver never asks for it.

OE-Alliance already has the fix, but it doesn't apply it to GigaBlue:

meta-oe/recipes-kernel/kernel-patches/dvb/si2168-d60.patch adds the D60 case: 8 lines.
linux-vuplus_4.1.20.bb includes ${KERNEL_PATCHES_DVB_SI2168_D60}.
linux-gigablue_4.1.20.bb doesn't.

Put in a simple way, I should add this to your Linux (gb7252):
# linux-gigablue_4.1.20.bbappend
SRC_URI:append = " ${KERNEL_PATCHES_DVB_SI2168_D60}"

It may take a little bit for me to do this. I am in the States and there is a time difference. But I will build it as soon as possible. In a nutshell, it seems vuplus 4.1.20 Linux has what is needed to run your usb tuner while gb7252 Does Not.
We will see...
 
If problems exist after installing the next image, We need to make sure all of these are in the receiver:
- kernel-module-si2168
- kernel-module-si2157
- kernel-module-em28xx-dvb
- kernel-module-em28xx
- kernel-module-tveeprom
- firmware-dvb-fe-si2168
opkg list-installed will tell us that.

Please install and test this image:
MD5: 0646c38d213e75281aec973a755ff3f5

That image is supposed to have the missing module in it and that may be enough to make it work!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top