Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

No 6.8 for quadplus... Anyone know how to self-build?

Perhaps a stupid question, but how flash? The old method, attach an usb-stick, press ok, power up did not work.
Congratulations!
at some stage will need to discuss plugins, because they will be at /home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/gb7356/tmp/deploy/ipk


So to flash ----> do you currently have image installed? If so which image and version?
 
On 5.6 with your fixes everything runs until root is built and there it fails with issues util- linux-flock
For which system? Your signature shows ~8 boxes.
And is this building OE5.6 or OE6.0?
 
Ubuntu 26.04 & OE-A 5.6 with your local fixes and Vu+/Gigablue 4K boxes
Thamks.
I've actually set a build going for "ax61", as that also seems to have the issue.

I can't see any recent changes in this area. Odd....
 
Congratulations!
at some stage will need to discuss plugins, because they will be at /home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/gb7356/tmp/deploy/ipk


So to flash ----> do you currently have image installed? If so which image and version?
Congratulations!
at some stage will need to discuss plugins, because they will be at /home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/gb7356/tmp/deploy/ipk


So to flash ----> do you currently have image installed? If so which image and version?
I have openvix 6.7 for Gigablue Quadplus, which is the latest available from the download section. That was the whole idea behind, for reason I don't know, it does not get 6.8, while other Gigablues have it.

6.7 still used the old firmware flashing method I described.
 
I have openvix 6.7 for Gigablue Quadplus, which is the latest available from the download section. That was the whole idea behind, for reason I don't know, it does not get 6.8, while other Gigablues have it.

6.7 still used the old firmware flashing method I described.
so copy the zipped image from your PC to your receivers HDD .. copy to imagebackups directory.
On the receiver, blue button/ViX/Image manager and you should find your built image in the list (if not press Menu button and check that Backup location is pointing to the HDD)
Then Blue button to flash the image.... it will backup current settings and flash the image.

Plugins ....... did you change the feeds url (DISTRO_FEED_URI ) in the 5.6/meta-oe/conf/distro/openvix.conf (either directly or via teh site.conf file in the base directory other wise you will not have any feeds as there are none on the OpenViX feeds site for your box..
 
so copy the zipped image from your PC to your receivers HDD .. copy to imagebackups directory.
On the receiver, blue button/ViX/Image manager and you should find your built image in the list (if not press Menu button and check that Backup location is pointing to the HDD)
Then Blue button to flash the image.... it will backup current settings and flash the image.

Plugins ....... did you change the feeds url (DISTRO_FEED_URI ) in the 5.6/meta-oe/conf/distro/openvix.conf (either directly or via teh site.conf file in the base directory other wise you will not have any feeds as there are none on the OpenViX feeds site for your box..
Been struggling with this, no succes. I copied the .zip to imagebackups, also to root of /dev/hdd, but the best I have had, blue button asks for directory for ipk's.

Did the modifications to site.conf according the guide, nothing else.
 
Been struggling with this, no succes. I copied the .zip to imagebackups, also to root of /dev/hdd, but the best I have had, blue button asks for directory for ipk's.

Did the modifications to site.conf according the guide, nothing else.
In Imagemanager, press Menu button and check backup location.
Ensure zip is copied to that destination.
Then zip should appear in list.
select and then press blue button to flash
 
arto@T-bao:~$ telnet 192.168.1.249
Trying 192.168.1.249...
Connected to 192.168.1.249.
Escape character is '^]'.

Welcome to OpenViX for gbquadplus
openvix 6.7 gbquadplus

gbquadplus login: root
root@gbquadplus:~# cd /hdd/imagebackups
root@gbquadplus:/hdd/imagebackups# ls
openvix-6.8.zip
root@gbquadplus:/hdd/imagebackups# cd ..
root@gbquadplus:/hdd# cd ..
root@gbquadplus:/# cd /media/hdd
root@gbquadplus:/media/hdd# ls
backup lost+found openvix-6.8.zip timeshift
imagebackups movie swapfile
root@gbquadplus:/media/hdd# cd imagebackups/
root@gbquadplus:/media/hdd/imagebackups# ls
openvix-6.8.zip
root@gbquadplus:/media/hdd/imagebackups#

When I press blue, and select Vix image manager, It does not see that openvix-6.8.zip. In some other menus there I can select it, but nothing happens. Menu just brings settings.
Tried also the same zip on a usb-stick, same problem.
 
In image manager press menu and then select the correct path and save.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top