Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

GiGablue Quad – First impressions

I wouldnt buy Ultimo, simply becase Quad has better specs. Only problem atm are drivers but thats with all new boxes. If you guys remember, DUO had many more problems at the beginning that QUAD has right now. I am DUO owner from the beginning and it took them a while to sort out their drivers. Even after 2+ years, some issues are not solved, for example vtuner issues, kernel is already outdated, etc. And it seems that they wont be solved as updates happens very rarely now. Not happy about this, will sell DUO soon for sure.
 
And it seems that they wont be solved as updates happens very rarely now. Not happy about this, will sell DUO soon for sure.
Even worse: VU+ hasn't provided any serious driver updates for 1.5 years for any of their boxes.
While the list of known issues is huge .........
 
Even worse: VU+ hasn't provided any serious driver updates for 1.5 years for any of their boxes.
While the list of known issues is huge .........

Rob, you appear to be well up on driver updates for E2 receivers. Who in your opinion (E2 rx's only) are the best for the keeping their receivers up to date..... as you say, doesn't matter how good the hardware is, if the software doesn't stay pace then it can end up being a very expensive door stop.

I have one particular piece of electronics that is 8yrs old and still receives s/w support.

Regards
Peter
 
It seems that Xtrend are the best in term of drivers quality. I also have ET-5000 and i cant find any flaws.

DUO2 seems like a great successor BUT because of my experience with VU+ drivers releases, i am not sure if its worth the wait!
 
Going by driver support Xtrend would be my number 1.
But be aware: results from the past are no guarantee for the future.
And hardware wise I think VU's are superior to the Xtrends.

A collaboration between Xtrend (software) and VU (hardware) would be great.

Having said that: it seems that GB also has a good record in the driver support area.

Choices, choices :confused:
 
Hi
On the Gigablue site it states 'Up to 4 HDTV broadcasts record and see another HD broadcast'
How does that acheive that if all four tuners are busy?
 
I take it that they are talking about viewing the channels that are on the same transponders as what you are recording..
 
Hi Rob,
the problem is that nobody can guarantee that you can record 4 and watch 1 because it may need 5. If a customer reads 4+1 and then he gets only 3+1 he is disappointed. Better would be 3+1 (with 4 tuner *)

(* more possible depending on the frequencies).

ciao
 
Thanks Guys, just thought I would ask. Teetering on the buy button at the moment. Waiting for the guys to get back to me to advise me what image it would come with and if all the latest drivers would be loaded. Unless anyone knows the answer.
 
Thanks Guys, just thought I would ask. Teetering on the buy button at the moment. Waiting for the guys to get back to me to advise me what image it would come with and if all the latest drivers would be loaded. Unless anyone knows the answer.

you can request any image you like be loaded prior to being shipped if buying from the forum sponsor, and yes it would include the latest drivers if using for example ViX.
 
GB is going to release new drivers early next week to fix the remaining know issues.
The Quad is their best receiver so for sure they will support it the best as they can in order to fight and win space on the high quality receiver arena.
You can wait until next week to see the release note but I did buy one as I have no doubt GB is going to provide very good support as they did so far.
 
If your buying from the sponsor, you an specify which image you want as normally it will ship with the manufacturers own, which is limited in its fuctionality.
 
If your buying from the sponsor, you an specify which image you want as normally it will ship with the manufacturers own, which is limited in its fuctionality.

Thanks for that. I have ordered my Quad today with the latest image as posted, so I'm confident that will give me all the functionality I need. As soon asa I have set the box up and used it, I will share my experience.
 
Thanks for that. I have ordered my Quad today with the latest image as posted, so I'm confident that will give me all the functionality I need. As soon asa I have set the box up and used it, I will share my experience.

great done, welcome to the small communities of the quad owners :D
 
great done, welcome to the small communities of the quad owners :D

Thanks, can't wait to get hold of it. I'm sure there will be many more followers to come. Do you knwo when GB are going to release an English manual? I'm sure it is all very intuitive having used E2 before but it would be nice to have backup.
 
Any discount from the sponsor if being a member here?

I think there is a forum discount still for members. Pm the sponsor, or search the forum...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2
 
pm the sponsor as forum members get a £5 discount on any stocked receiver.
 
There is a ticker at the top of the forum below the name;)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top