Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

gigablue quad restarts but no crash report.

  • Thread starter Thread starter stuffyouguys
  • Start date Start date
3 recording done last night.. And all fine.. with no issues..

I hope this is helpful to the you guys..
 
strange, I tried everything, other images, with and without cccam, recording right after a clean install with no plugins installed.

Once a timer starts, it reboots and keeps rebooting as long as the recording lasts.

sent from Pipo M9 pro
 
Well it may help already. If GB produce and label the boxes sequentially then your mates box was the 60th manufactured box after Skippie's one.
I think the serials are sequential because Gigablue gave the free GBLAN adapters to the first 1000 purchased, which was based on the serial numbers.

If your mate's box is OK on timer recordings, then if I am buying another, I would be requesting that the number be higher YAD1309000791


Tapatālker

I would go higher than that as my serial number was YAD1309000929 and I've just sent it back because it kept restarting.
 
That makes things worse so! Problem may not be a batch.

got a refund in the end.
I've just got another quad from a different source which has a serial YAD12100001418. i have the same setup as the last box but have not yet had one crash...might be a batch problem!!
 
I've just got another quad from a different source which has a serial YAD12100001418. i have the same setup as the last box but have not yet had one crash...might be a batch problem!!

I was looking at buying from Germany. Supplier there has told me nobody has returned a Quad to them, they've not heard of the problem. Where you buy the replacement from? It is a more recent number then previous ones.


Tapatālker
 
I was looking at buying from Germany. Supplier there has told me nobody has returned a Quad to them, they've not heard of the problem. Where you buy the replacement from? It is a more recent number then previous ones.


Tapatālker
mine is from Germany,and reboot itself sometimes...batch is yad1309000971
 
mine is from Germany,and reboot itself sometimes...batch is yad1309000971

I've just got another quad from a different source which has a serial YAD12100001418. i have the same setup as the last box but have not yet had one crash...might be a batch problem!!

stiffyouguys, your yad starts with 121, all other yads here start with 131. My own (good) one starts with 120.


Tapatālker
 
yep Veskop you have one from a bad batch, sent 2 back to try from my supplier, both from the 1309-batch and both rebooting after timer start.
 
yep Veskop you have one from a bad batch, sent 2 back to try from my supplier, both from the 1309-batch and both rebooting after timer start.

mine is rebooting while I watch TV,without timer or something else....
 
yes, nothing wrong with flash mem, i checked and it was the normal amount of memory in the information tab, recording was set to HD btw.
I must say also that there was another problem with the first box i received : the remote often didn't respond well, then suddenly it was ok again, then again not, and so on, so i guess there was a memory problem with that one. (just a guess).

The next 2 boxes were from the bad batch 1309 (rebooting problem)
 
Hello All,

I am having the same issue. My quad starting randomly rebooting, it was running vix 3.0.808 so I reflashed it again. No it wont bot boot past the spash screen.

I have tried various images and different usb sticks. I have formatted each one using hp format utility. I had reflashed the boot loader but nothing has worked.

I have not had any trouble with my other quad just this one. I would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks
 
i had the same problem with the 4th quad of the 4 bad ones, after flashing it didn't reboot anymore.
As i know there are 2 different bad batches now :

1. Rebooting problem with or without timer switched on.
2. No more booting up after flashing.

As for my problem (my parents in-law's quad), after the 4th bad quad, we agreed that the seller sent his quad he had running for 2 months without problems.
So this quad is in use by my parents in-law atm and running ok it seems.

martin20009, there's only 1 option for you i'm afraid and that is sending back the faulty quad to your seller and ask for a new one or a refund.
Look at the serial number and ask your seller not to send another one from the same batch (first 4 numbers)
the first 4 numbers of the bad batch are : 1309
 
3 days allready with OpenATV 4.0 and no reboots till now....
 
I got a quad from the sponsor just before Christmas, running ViX 308. Haven't experienced any of these issues. I'll post my serial number when I get home.

Only difference for me maybe is that I'm only running a single feed to it at the moment, however I've had no issues with timers etc

I've also used CCCam 2.3.0, MGcamd and oscam again with no issues


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Got home, checked my serial number...

YAD1309000932

As I said above I haven't experienced any of these issues


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
i had 3 boxes starting with YAD1309 and all 3 were faulty
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top