Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Gigablue Quad

Quad Tuner sensivity

Anyone can say anything about the tuner's sensitivity of the Quad?
I'm undecided between VU+ Ultimo and Giga Quad. Many say the ultimo's tuner have low sensitivity.
I did not see any informations about the quad tuner's sensitivity.

Also where can I obtain one manual in english?

Thanks
 
Hi cpistola,
it would help if you have a channel where you need a high sensitivity so that other user from the forum can look if there are problems.

ciao
 
It seem fine to me, at least same than my HD800.

But the problem is the pictures are too oversharpen, the DVB-T channels I have are all flickery, much worse than on TV :-(
 
Hi Trial
Thanks, but was useful if there was anyone with the Quad near my region.
However I use to watch for example the BBC Four in Astra 1N now on my Topfield TF5500PVR and, despite the UK beam, I see with no problems.

Well, I used to be interested on Quad, but now I'm very hesitant with what many people says about the picture problems. Must wait a litlle perhaps it will be resolved with new drivers.

Bye
 
Well, I used to be interested on Quad, but now I'm very hesitant with what many people says about the picture problems.

Picture quality seems just fine for me.
I read loads of tests before buying and alot of people moaned about the picture sharpness and I was expecting it to be a bit crappy but was suprised when I had it up and running.
Maybe it depends on TV settings a bit too?
 
Picture quality seems just fine for me.
I read loads of tests before buying and alot of people moaned about the picture sharpness and I was expecting it to be a bit crappy but was suprised when I had it up and running.
Maybe it depends on TV settings a bit too?
LOL: reading what you read makes you expect the worst. And with that prospective, you can't be disappointed :p

But you're probably right: most STB's and TV's are not setup correct. Especially all kinds of 'video enhancers' do the opposite of what their name suggests. Add to that using overscan and 'shop-settings' for brightness & colour and the bad PQ is assured.
 
SD seems better with the latest drivers from yesterday
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So, thats AC3 fixed and SD quality fixed.
Just need to fix the problem with decoding two channels at the same time (and we desperatly need a VIX image :D )
and we are good to go :thumbsup:
 
So, thats AC3 fixed and SD quality fixed.
Just need to fix the problem with decoding two channels at the same time (and we desperatly need a VIX image :D )
and we are good to go :thumbsup:

looks like its fixed in todays drivers
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, this updated DRIVERS also (dvb.ko)? My open aaf doesn't find drivers ;-(
 
I tried AFF and really didn't like it.
I'm using OPENMIPS as a temp measure until the VIX image is ready.
I've tried many images and found VIX to be far superior when I owned a Duo.
 
Yes, I haven+t try VIX (I use SIFTeam on DM800HD as it is the only one that finds my USB DVB-T tuner), but I am looking forward to VIX image. I guess it will be posted here?

I wonder if I can get dvb.ko somewhere from today.

Can I set some preferences: I have one fixed SAT dish and one motor one. I'd like fixed to take preference before turning motor. Is that doable by putting fixed to tuner A and motor to tuner B?
 
Drivers are posted at
Code:
archiv.openmips.com

Seems it was originally done 20121019 but it was released yesterday
 
the date of the drivers is in reference to their build date, their own in house team have to first test them before release, hence why they were released on the 24th.
 
I don't know how accurate that is because there have been daily updates every day this week :confused:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top