Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Gigablue Quad

Thanks once more pheonix.

Perhaps you can help: I searched about who is the Gigablue manufacturer but have not found any information. Will be made ​​in china? I think just knowing that it is a brand new.

How are recent models also can not find information about the sensitivity of the tuners. Indeed this feature is not analyzed in most reviews.

Unfortunately also not yet manual in English
 
Thanks once more pheonix.

Perhaps you can help: I searched about who is the Gigablue manufacturer but have not found any information. Will be made ​​in china? I think just knowing that it is a brand new.

How are recent models also can not find information about the sensitivity of the tuners. Indeed this feature is not analyzed in most reviews.

Unfortunately also not yet manual in English

GigaBlue are a small German company, not Chinese. as to your questions about tuner sensitivity i cant really help there as i dont currently own a GigaBlue to compare with any thing else.
 
A manual of Enigma running boxes is virtually worthless. Apart from the explanation of the R/C buttons, all manuals are the same, explaining how to set up Enigma.
And for tuner sensitivity: rest assured that for normal use all tuners of all brands are OK. This can only be an interesting item for DXing and feedhunting.
 
Please make sure that the HD glass skin works on Vix image for Quad. On AAF it works until I reboot, then all the fonts are blurred to be very bad and I have to change resolution to 720p and then back to 1080p and then it is crisp clear again. If that is not skin problem being incopatible with Quad that is...
 
Please make sure that the HD glass skin works on Vix image for Quad. On AAF it works until I reboot, then all the fonts are blurred to be very bad and I have to change resolution to 720p and then back to 1080p and then it is crisp clear again. If that is not skin problem being incopatible with Quad that is...

HD Glass is not supported by the ViX image and likely will never be, because of the way it hacks certain system files. This also means that it is almost impossible to remove HD Glass from the image once installed. While the HD Glass skin my work partially on the ViX image, any alterations needed to make it fully updated for the ViX image will have to be done by the skins author.
 
Ok, I understand, so HD glass is really to much of a hack to be advised to use? I don't know what kind of skin does Vix use, I may like it ;-) On my HD800 I liked the pli HD skin, I like clear type of skins, not to messy.

So HD Glass is not only skin but also some hack and it is not advisible to use it (on top it seems to not work ok on quad).
 
you can find all of the current fully supported skins for the ViX image in our plugin feeds, under the ViX heading. saying that any pli type skin should work but they will not be mapped for the image correctly or fully updated as the dedicated ViX skins are.
 
I undestand, thank you. I fear that my Quad is hardware defect somehow. I tried using original skin and pli HD skin and after reboot I get blurred image on GUI or even worse, the TV picture is really bad and I have to change resolution to 720 and back to 1080 to correct it :-( I will put Open MIPS back in with original skin and if this makes this problems I guess Quad is somehow defective.

Does VIX have any kind of better parental lock than default images? The parental lock really sucks on Enigma 2, the whole bouquetes are visible, bah.
 
E2 does indeed not have a decent parental lock. There seem to be a bouquet-locking plugin, but I never found it. Worth a Google?
 
I found it and installed it but it is not really good. The bouquotes is just not there any more and you have to go to setup to disable that option to get it back after reset. Bah.
 
Oh if only there would be XBMC for this box ;-) The only thing now is stuttering of the movie from NAS, they just do not move smoothly and I have no control about subtitles (out letters do not work ok). I don't know if 1.4 Ghz is enough power to run all the movie formats...

on my quad i stream only bluray remuxes with dts (the quad cant seem to passthrough hd audio formats), these are the highest quality movie file you'll get for movies and they play fine from my server to my quad. subtitles on the movie are ok aswell as my thai missus watches movies with english subtitles.

they were fine on my ultimo which is alot less power but still good enough
 
I have normal divx and xvid movies mostly and they do not play ok. Subtitles are a mess with out letter čšž but english are fine.
 
From the Vix driver bugs: "You may find the menu's go hazy when using 1080i after a reboot. To correct switch A/V settings to 720p and save, then switch back to 1080i/P and save."

This is also happening to me on all images, but not only after using 1080i but from using 1080p. The way I correct is the same: go to 720p and back to 1080p ;-) So this is not my box or TV hw fault, it is the driver?
 
From the Vix driver bugs: "You may find the menu's go hazy when using 1080i after a reboot. To correct switch A/V settings to 720p and save, then switch back to 1080i/P and save."

This is also happening to me on all images, but not only after using 1080i but from using 1080p. The way I correct is the same: go to 720p and back to 1080p ;-) So this is not my box or TV hw fault, it is the driver?

yes it's a known driver issue, hence why we included it in the known bugs listings.
 
From the Vix driver bugs: "You may find the menu's go hazy when using 1080i after a reboot. To correct switch A/V settings to 720p and save, then switch back to 1080i/P and save."

This is also happening to me on all images, but not only after using 1080i but from using 1080p. The way I correct is the same: go to 720p and back to 1080p ;-) So this is not my box or TV hw fault, it is the driver?

Driver, no doubt if will be fixed shortly ;)
 
Great, becaue that is why I am struggling after every reboot. Do Gigablue have the bug report? How can one reach them?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top