Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ABM-DVB-T/T2] GigaBlue UHD Trio 4K - scan fails

vixuser

New member
Joined
Jun 23, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi there,

I recently purchased a GigaBlue UHD Trio 4K which arrived today and I attached the outdoor aerial to it for a scan. I did a complete scan for all regions just to be sure, it found around 110 UK channels (BBC, ITV, channel4 etc...) but none of the HD channels of this type or any type. I was previously just using my Samsung Smart TV which has HD channels with this aerial and they work fine but wanted more functionality hence buying this receiver, so it's unlikely to be my aerial or the area in which I am living which is at fault.

I contacted World of Satellite UK support who suggested I try using ABM to scan for the HD channels instead but it is failing each time, so they suggested I post my issue here in the hopes that somebody can help me resolve it.
I chose the transmitter group that is closest to where I live based on the info from the Ofcom website (https://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv-radio-and-on-demand/information-for-industry/tv/tv-transmitter-maps) although I read in another post that this might not always be the correct thing to do but I'm not sure what one mine is pointing to, hopefully the below images are useful to somebody to help me.

Just to note, I am not an expert on Enigma2 or OpenVIX things so if there is something technical I need to do please explain in detail :)


signal finder.webp

I read in the other post about an "expert mode" option in ABM version 3.1 to enable a frequency finder but I don't have this in the config options as you can see
ABM_configure.webp

ABM_version.webp

this is my config and the error I am getting when I try to scan

ABM_region.webp

ABM_scan_error.webp
 
Your second attachment has the option to show frequency finder.
 
oh lol me being blind! I used the frequency finder then it found and added a new provider, after scanning it found the HD channels!

thank you so much!!! :)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top