Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Good value Twin Tuner Box

  • Thread starter Thread starter ChrisC29
  • Start date Start date
C

ChrisC29

Guest
Hi, new to the forum and looking for a bit advise. I'm looking for some help with getting a twin tuner STB. I'm new to these boxes so I'm trying to figure out which one would be best for me but could do with a bit advise. I want a twin tuner as I need to be able to record one channel while watching another, from looking on the net I think I'm going to be running ViX so would need to be able to run that too. Would also need to run MGcamd but am I right in thinking all ViX boxes will do this? Am I right in thinking also that they would all be able to run the correct plugins for timeshifting?

I want to spend as little as possible but don't want a box that wont be up to the job, so far I was looking at the Technomate TM-Nano-2T, the Venton Unibox HD1+ and the Gigablue HD 800 SE+(Not sure if this runs ViX). If anyone has any other suggestions or has any experience with these boxes and could let me know which would be the best to go for that would be great.

Thanks for the help.
 
I have a Gigablue Quad for 6 months now and i haven't regret buying it for a single second. The box is fast, reliable, very nice HD picture, no problems with recordings.
Got 2 tuners and can be extended to 4 and it is cheap. Good value for money.
 
Is that the same as the hd800 se? Looking to order it from WOS and can't see the quad on there site.
 
I would double check with the Gigablue HD800Se+ before buying. There are no images for it in the VIX download centre. There are only images for the older 800se not the plus model.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/

If you install the older 800Se image onto a 800Se+ it will brick the box. There are not the same receiver.

Nano
 
Ah thanks for that, I'll rule that one out. Think I'll probably go with either the Nano or the Venton. Anyone got the Venton, is it any good?
 
Sorry was replying to 'Nanochickin' before I saw your comment.
 
The Gigablues are excellent receivers which have good support. Its worth waiting for VIX to release an image for it. Just because there isn't a VIX image at the moment isn't a good reason not to buy this receiver.

In the meantime there are several teams that currently support the Gigablue SE+ receiver.

Nano
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top