Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue QUAD] GUI Bootloop after image update/settings back up

BubbleBalls

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2012
Messages
770
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Ireland
Hi,

just couch flashed to 4.2.029 and restored settings. Now a constant GUI restart. I have tried all 6 USB sticks here and none will allow a clean flash. I have searched for a telnet cmd to update and tried this

init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6

Still bootloop continues.

Is there a specific command I can use to flash the downloaded 4.2.029 already on the HDD?

EDIT - Wife was streaming from box at the time of settings restore - maybe coincidence?
Thanks
 
Last edited:
The only time i get a boot loop is if i install a incompatible skin or plugin

to remove a skin ftp to /usr/share/enigma2 and delete the skin

to remove a plugin ftp to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions and remove plugin

and restart box
 
Cheers for that - As I had mediaportal installed I thought it might have been that but bootloop continues. I use NightHD so there should be no issues with the skin. Thanks for the suggestions and file paths.

I don't mind doing a clean install if I could command the flash to point at 4.2.029 already in the HDD. Do you know if that is possible?

The only time i get a boot loop is if i install a incompatible skin or plugin

to remove a skin ftp to /usr/share/enigma2 and delete the skin

to remove a plugin ftp to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions and remove plugin

and restart box
 
I think there has been a kernel upgrade on some GigaBlue boxes in 029, have you tried to flash an earlier release?

A couch flash is the only way I'm aware of that will boot an image off an hdd.

Remove all usb devices except the flash stick before re-flashing.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top