Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Guide to stream your VU+ Duo over the WEB using VLC

have you manually assigned the ip in the vu network? i use a static ip address so it doesnt change and effect my streaming. thats probably why. if you have DHCP enabled, your ip will change whenever you reboot or switch off
 
well **** me.bloody thing has me drove mad,stopped workn again,dis time the ip address is changed again,i can connect to the vucc but wen i try connect to web control it looks for authentication user name and password,,wats dat all about,,my brains fried wit dis thinh
 
jesus christ,bloody thing has gone mad again,managed to connect to vucc by changin last digit of ip add again,but its lookin for username and password for the web control,,wats dat al about.
 
ya in set up/network/adapter settings use interface is on yes .so too is the dhcp,wen i turn off dhcp i get an ip address but also ders a gateway which is almost identical except for the last digit
 
Havent tried this over the internet yet, but it worked over my local network with latest vlc. Think it would work over the internet with latest version too?
 
Havent tried this over the internet yet, but it worked over my local network with latest vlc. Think it would work over the internet with latest version too?

Oh and my stream is coming over with other audio, even though i have selected english as preferred audio. Can this be changed?
 
hmmm try menu/setup/auto language selection/ and preffered audio chose English hopefully that should do it, and just make sure VLC default is english. Is the audio in english on the duo?
 
hmmm try menu/setup/auto language selection/ and preffered audio chose English hopefully that should do it, and just make sure VLC default is english. Is the audio in english on the duo?

Yeah the audio is english, and i set it to english for auto selection and rebooted. Ill have another go at it.
 
Cant find a way to get the audio to stream in english. Does it work for anyone else?
 
sorry to but in der ,just a quick question kinda on da same topic,wen i put in da ip address into netbrowser for streamin via vlc it looks for a user name and password,iv not set up a name or password,any ideas how id figure dat out,
 
username is root and leave password blank
 
im a bit confused on the router setting,i have a dlink dir 615 and its got theat many settings i dont really know how to do it correctly,ive set a dyndns account up so must be nearly there.please expand for me
 
ok guys,

ive tried to set this up firstly on my home network using vlc version recommended, ive got it to work to a degree, sound is perfect but picture is freezing and only changes about every 20 seconds and then instantly freezes again.

Ive tried changing bitrate etc but to be honest dont really know what to change for the best.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

silky.
 
see above, computer crashed after first submission of post.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
update!

all sorted now, works perfectly with non HD channels so that will do for me :p

thanks
 
Hi Everyone,

further developments.

This works perfectly over my home local LAN but Im getting freeze when I try and watch from a remote location.

It looks like I will need to lower the quality of the picture by somehow reducing the bitrate, anyone any idea how to achieve this and stop the freeze?

Cheers

ps: im using latest VIX version and latest VLC player.
 
The guide and all that seem great and I am confident I can easily do that in my own home network, but if I want to stream some stuff to say my fathers computer, what does he need installed, please remember this is me a person who does not have great experience at this apart from doing it at home, but for it to get to say my dads house on his computer is what I need to know because he is totally computer Ilitrate, would be good if there was a guide like the first guide that tells you what and how to set up viewing on another pc that is miles away, both his computer and mines are ethernet connected to the internet, sorry this sounds totally noobie, but I have to hold my hands up to that and say that I dont know that much about it, I know I should, but I dont, hope someone or some people have the time and patience to understand where I am coming from. Thank you :)
 
I did have this working over the network, but not over the internet. However now i cant get it to work locally. Im getting sound only, no picture.

Also, i still cant get the sound in English. Any ideas?
 
hmmm, didnt get an email telling me someone else had posted, strange ???? (even though I subscribed with instant email etc).
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top