Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Hard Disks - Initialisation / Repartition / Format ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter leecovuk
  • Start date Start date
L

leecovuk

Guest
Hello,

Regarding 'hard disks';

1)
Specifically, what does 'initialisation' do?

2)
When and why would we (also) need to use Device Manager to 'repartition' or 'format'?

Thank you.
 
initialise is when u want to get a new hdd ready and formated for the box

like windows partition and format
 
initialise is when u want to get a new hdd ready and formated for the box

like windows partition and format
So is that literally all it does? It creates a partition, if there isn't already one, and formats it?

If so, when would we use the apparently similar functions of Repartition and Format in Device Manager?
 
So is that literally all it does? It creates a partition, if there isn't already one, and formats it?

If so, when would we use the apparently similar functions of Repartition and Format in Device Manager?

Device manager would allow you to choose which devices/partitions to reformat...

If you have a usb stick and a sata hdd in your box, initialisation in the setup hdd menu would only initialise your sata hdd... In vix device manager, you could format your usb stick ...
 
ok, thanks.
The reason I asked 'specifically' what Initialisation does, is I was wondering if it also does specific things like creating the 'movie' folder on the drive that it initialises.
I take it then that it doesn't?
 
ok, thanks.
The reason I asked 'specifically' what Initialisation does, is I was wondering if it also does specific things like creating the 'movie' folder on the drive that it initialises.
I take it then that it doesn't?

I think it does create the movie dir ... but been a long time since I used it, so can't fully remember, sorry...

Sent from my HTC Desire Z
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top