Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Hard Drive Setup Queries

  • Thread starter Thread starter burden010
  • Start date Start date
B

burden010

Guest
Hey guys,

I've just ordered a Solo2 and am (not so patiently) awaiting it's arrival. I had it all planned. I've got a 750GB HDD sitting dormant in my desk drawer. It was going to be perfect. Then I read that the Solo2 will only take a 2.5" HDD internally. The 750GB is a 3.5". My master plan is falling apart!

Do I need an internal disk? If not I can stick it in an external caddy and use it as a USB drive but will this cause any overhead on performance? Does the caddy need to be powered?

If so, I have a smaller (180GB) disk I can use for internal and then use the 750GB bad boy externally. Is this advisable? After splashing out for the Solo2 I can't afford another disk when I already have one sitting free.

I guess what I'm asking is can I make this work without having to spend more?

Thanks for any help.
 
Yes the solo 2 will work with the 750GB HD if it's in a usb caddy.
 
Thanks. And there won't be any performance hit?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top