fletchersplace
Forum Supporter

- Joined
- Aug 26, 2013
- Messages
- 34
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 6
I have started a new thread and this is a copy of a reply to this thread https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?61517-Vu-Solo-4k-WinTV-DualHD-can-t-get-it-to-work
I have a mutant HD2400 and having noticed the driver for the wintv-dualHD, decided to get one.
Connected usb stick and aerial, installed the driver and rebooted.
The tuner is not recognised in the tuner list.
Did a lot of research and from another forum where they were trying to get the SoloHD working found this.
If you telnet the commands:
lsusb
You will identify if the usb stick is visible by the system, in my case the line I am interested in is:
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 2040:8265
If you look at
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v5.3...cardlist.html#
You will find the list of id numbers and the associated card number for your stick. Mine is 99
Now telnet the following commands(your card number and id number may be different):
modprobe em28xx card=99
echo "2040 8265" > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/em28xx/new_id
If you are successful the indicator light on the stick will come on.
You now need to create a file called:
enigma2_pre_start.sh
I use notepad and put the two commands above in it
You will then need to place this file in the /usr/bin folder.
It is important to change its attribute to 755, so the file will be executed.
It is necessary to create the file for reboot purposes.
Once you have done this reboot your box and your stick (1 tuner) should be recognised in the tuner list.
In my case I could tune in stations but the picture quality is completely scrambled.
I believe it is because the kernel on my machine is too old and the kernel needs to be updated to account for the newer sticks.
Give it a try. Let me know what happens.
And lastly do any of you clever techies, have an answer for me.
PS. I would be grateful if I could have a list of the machines that the Hauppage WinTV-dualHD (Bulk ID 2040:8265 ) stick works on.
I have a mutant HD2400 and having noticed the driver for the wintv-dualHD, decided to get one.
Connected usb stick and aerial, installed the driver and rebooted.
The tuner is not recognised in the tuner list.
Did a lot of research and from another forum where they were trying to get the SoloHD working found this.
If you telnet the commands:
lsusb
You will identify if the usb stick is visible by the system, in my case the line I am interested in is:
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 2040:8265
If you look at
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v5.3...cardlist.html#
You will find the list of id numbers and the associated card number for your stick. Mine is 99
Now telnet the following commands(your card number and id number may be different):
modprobe em28xx card=99
echo "2040 8265" > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/em28xx/new_id
If you are successful the indicator light on the stick will come on.
You now need to create a file called:
enigma2_pre_start.sh
I use notepad and put the two commands above in it
You will then need to place this file in the /usr/bin folder.
It is important to change its attribute to 755, so the file will be executed.
It is necessary to create the file for reboot purposes.
Once you have done this reboot your box and your stick (1 tuner) should be recognised in the tuner list.
In my case I could tune in stations but the picture quality is completely scrambled.
I believe it is because the kernel on my machine is too old and the kernel needs to be updated to account for the newer sticks.
Give it a try. Let me know what happens.
And lastly do any of you clever techies, have an answer for me.
PS. I would be grateful if I could have a list of the machines that the Hauppage WinTV-dualHD (Bulk ID 2040:8265 ) stick works on.