I updated from Vix 2.2.110 to Vix 2.3 about two weeks ago. I've updated further to build 124.
I'm sure that there are many changes that have been worked on but I will focus on the things that affect my normal usage:
I use an Avermedia Twinstar (A825) twin DTT which is based on the af9035. I was able to install drivers for this usb stick using the Italiasat plugin. Thus I have four tuners, the onboard sat tuners and the Twinstar terrestial tuners. Under Vix 2.2.110 the system would 'fall over' with video corruption and ultimately hang if left. I set the box to re-boot everyday and this tended to reduce the problem. I also made a point of never leaving the box on terrestial channels unless I was watching or recording them.
With Vix 2.3 Build 124, I have been running the same hardware with no corruption problems. For some reason the cause (a memory leak in the previous version or previous drivers?) has been reduced or fixed. This is a wonderful improvement for which I'm very grateful. There was a minor problem with scanning the terrestrial channels but I was able to get around this by deleting all but the Australian block of the terrestrial.xml file.
I noticed that there were a lot of posts by people wrestling with the new OSD setup. I have experienced similar problems. I can set it up perfectly using 720p but not quite when I use my preference of 1024i. I'm using a Sony Bravia 46cm LCD set to 'Full' mode and I have the problem with the Vix HD skins and also the Magic HD skins. (I normally use the Magic HD). The problem is that I need to shift the OSD to the right by 40 but this causes the maximum width setting to be restricted to 680 (ie 720 - 40). This leaves a gap of about 20 on the right side of the screen. This is no big deal really... seems like a 'feature' of the software rather than a 'bug'. Even though I'm using 1024i, the OSD software uses 720 as the adjustment basis it seems. I guess if the width wasn't reduced to 680 then it would work better with my TV.
For me (with my tuner setup) this image is a massive improvement on the previous one simply because it works for days in a row without corrupting. Thanks fellas (and especially Andy Black) for all the effort involved.
I also like the current version of the MyTube plugin... seems to have lost the corny skin of the last version.
cheers from Oz