Yep that was it ,its not listed now so i guess its installed, i must be doing something wrong ,not used vix for a while.
Ok sorted it ,just needed to reboot box.
Is it possible to download the siano ipk or the dib0700 ipk from telnet on the vu+?
I'm on VIX 2.1 and don't want to update the image to 2.3.
In 2.1 I don't get the drivers feed. Is it possible to download the siano ipk or the dib0700 ipk from telnet on the vu+?
can you tell me how did you download the driver
im on vix 2.1 as well
want to add
AVerTV Hybrid Volar HX A827M
thanks
If that stick is based on the af9035 chip then there may not be any drivers configured by the Vix Team. I have an Avermedia A825 based on the af9035 and I have used the ItalySatDtt Downloader plugin (from the Vix feeds) to access drivers that work. Works well on Vix 2.2.110, Vix 2.3 GM and Vix 2.3.133 in my experience. These drivers support the digital (DVB-T) aspect and probably won't support the hybrid features (analog TV, FM radio etc).
Might be worth a look.
cheers
I doubt whether anyone has this stick... you may have to actually try it out yourself. The answer is quite possibly that it won't work. I reckon you should go out and buy one that you know is supported (especially if you haven't got the time or inclination to experiment yourself).
there not disapeared just renamed and replaced
look in drivers section of plugins
and you will see
dvb-usb-af9015
and
dvb-usb-siano
both avermedia just dependant on what chipset you have
what is yr chipset
if it af9015 or siano its supported if its not then its not supported
lsusb