Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Having real difficulties with the menus

  • Thread starter Thread starter moulin
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right progress - thank you again. Pulled the plug out and switched back on:

The IP address (with the value I half expected) now shows up properly as 192 168 0 9.
Network 255 255 255 0
Gateway 192 168 0 1
Primary DNS 192 168 0 1
Secondary DNS 0 0 0 0

Sp presumably I can tell Dreamboxedit the IP address, but I still need a username and password.....?
 
Just looking at the tutorial you linked to now. Still need what I assume is a default user name and password for the 4008. Then I can probably progress - at least until the next hurdle.

As I say, tuners must be set up as I can watch Astra 1 and 5 deg W perfectly.
 
re the tutorial - understand about using existing channel lists, but presumably there's a facility for *importing* the lists already in the receiver and then editing them and squirting them back....?

In any case I ought to do a back up of what's on the receiver already - just in case of disaster....?
 
The receiver keeps a list of services. It also has a list of bouquets/favourites. The two are different entities. enigma2 receivers also scan in the background when you are on a transponder, so you will always get changes. Unless you have services for satellites you don't have, I would not waste my time deleting the services you don't want. You would be better off making your bouquets.

OpenATV forces an install of bouquets. I would post a link to a command you can use to delete all services and bouquets. However, it may be confusing at this stage. You don't even have an IP address yet!

It is a steep learning curve with Enigma2 receivers. Do one thing at a time.
 
Read = Read what is on receiver. You can then save/backup on PC.
Write = Write to receiver

Default log ons for most images

User = root
Password = Blank, nothing, N/A. However, some applications don't play ball. So just type in root as password too.

You can also backup the whole image. That would be advisable before new "adventures".
 
Thanks. Actually deleting and starting again would be an excellent option; for my Technomates over the years I've always simply scanned specific transponders of interest to build up a channel list of what I want. But it might as you say be better to get the Dreamboxedit working first so that we know that's secure before doing a complete delete!

I do now have the IP address (at least I think I do, see above) - it's user name and password that now eludes me.

Laters: our posts crossed, I'll try those passwords.
 
OK, thank you again abu b. Thanks to you the laptop can now see the 4008 via Dreamboxedit and it says the passwords etc are fine. Blimey, all this before 8 o'clock in the morning.

Now then...

I created a new folder in Windows to store the current list.

I pressed Receive Files from Dreambox.

I got the following:

Log in successful
Retrieving file list of var/tuxbox/config/enigma
starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
retrieving file lis of var/tuxbox/config/enigma
Starting FTP transfer
Neither a "services" nor a "lamedb" file was found in directory "%" on the Dreambox. var/tuxox/config/enigma/
Check the dream path settings on the option panel to point to the correct Dreambox directories and try again
Disconnecting
Disconnected.

Still, it's progress beyond my wildest dreams.

Starting with a blank channel list is seeming the most useful option - if it's possible.
 
Did you set your profile as Enigma2 in DBedit? You have setup an Enigma1 profile.

With regards to starting form blank boquets on current image, have a look at this:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40948-How-to-use-Putty-for-Unix-Linux-commands

If it something you are confident to try, the command to paste in Putty is this
Code:
init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -rf /etc/defaultsat.tar.gz && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb* && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.radio  && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.del &&  init 3
 
While you were writing I wondered if it was something like that, so I changed - in options - the file paths from "satellite receiver" to "version 3 setting (enigma 2)" and lo and behold I now have a screen full of channels on the laptop, with only one error which it says it's cleared up!

I salute you sir!

Could I just check - I chose version 3 setting but there was another option for "New Enigma2 settings". Should I have chosen that or doesn't it really matter?

That general delete command gives me a worrying feeling, what I'll do (if I may) is to see what I can do with the list now I've actually - again thank you - got access to it. Presumably if I save a copy (it may already have done that) I can then do a bit of pruning, squirt it back, and see whether it's actually made any difference. I could do that with a few obvious test channels....

Then get a bit braver and prune some more.....

I'll report back later, but many many thanks again abu b. Real progress and it's down to you.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well done! I will leave you in Abu's capable hands!! ... and not interfere:)
 
I was waiting for you to show him how to "flash online" an OpenVix image using OpenATV.

Don't worry, moulin. You can use your bouquets on different images.
 
Hello twol

Thank you; I am very much NOT spurning your advice, the option to try ViX is still very much on the cards, however it has scared me a bit that the other chap has had such a disaster using USB (and I know your method was different) so for the moment - whilst I get more familiar with the Octagon - I'd rather stick with what I know at least works. To be honest I wasn't expecting to get quite so far quite so quickly, so I'll have a go doing the pruning with Dreamboxedit, but come back to you if the channel list is still clumsy. I am very grateful for ANY help I assure you!

Talking of dreamboxedit, I checked what had been saved on the laptop and was surprised to see a whole load of files in the folder I'd set aside, there's an *.xml file which is the biggy, but there must be twenty or so little text type files as well. My question: if it all goes wrong when I try and send the channel list back to the Octagon and I have to retrieve my original list, would I simply open up dreamboxedit and then open the *.xml file, or is there more to it than that? I suppose I was just expecting to find one big file saved, rather than this plethora of odds and ends.

Maybe I'm worrying unnecessarily.....
 
DBedit will select the files it needs automatically.

Just for information....

lamedb = list of services
bouquets.tv = master list of all TV bouquet groups
*.tv = individual TV bouquet files

bouquets.radio =master list of radio bouquet groups
*.radio = individual radio bouquet files

satellites.xml= list of satellites/transponders
Personalised file resides in /etc/enigma2
System file resides in /etc/tuxbox
 
Last edited:
Done a big prune - love it - whole bouquets and channels sent crashing into oblivion.

Saved it to a new folder.

Sent it back to the Octagon 4008 - quite a few error messages but with the suggestion to reboot, did so, and - GLORY!! - a wonderfully more manageable channel list that I can get my head round far more easily. Scrolling through or sorting by bouquet now makes much more sense.

VERY VERY GRATEFUL TO Abu B, and to twol (maybe for lesson 2 eh??!!, no doubt I'll be back) and machare yesterday. Very steep learning curve - and I still think software that doesn't have a channel edit/delete facility needs a rethink - but I've now got a receiver I can at least use without a degree in computer science, and I'd like again to say THANK YOU!

Mods - if this needs moving to a separate thread then please do tidy my mess up. Thank you.

(sorry - only just noticed that you've done precisely that - good move!)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You can edit the channels on the receiver, it is easier on PC. You can also do it using the Bouquet Editor in OpenWebif.
 
I was waiting for you to show him how to "flash online" an OpenVix image using OpenATV.

Don't worry, moulin. You can use your bouquets on different images.

Sorry Abu, you were doing such a great job!!!
 
Last edited:
The blessings just keep on coming. I've stuck in a USB stick, and made a couple of recordings off French TV multistream.

Apart from the fact I can't actually find how to get them to play on the 4008 itself (I end up in some Movie Center whcih doesn't list them) the files are definitely on the USB stick and can be read by VLC player on a computer, which is great.

Way-hay!
 
Sorry Abu and Moulin, realised eventually that we are talking about SF4008 and not HD51 (much easier) ..... spent too much time discussing and providing HD51 fix yesterday - ended up totally confused..

So SF4008 have to use OpenMultiboot
Here we go:
You need a usb stick mounted for Multiboot images.

On SF4008 receiver:
Menu/Plugins
Green button download plugins
Extensions ... move down until OpenMultiBoot
Hit enter to install

On PC:
This works best with Filezilla or a similar ftp program.
1st download the latest Openvix image for the SF4008.
Then login to filezilla ... you need the IP address of the receiver, and login with IP and root.
You have 2 panels (Left is PC, right is the receiver)
ON LHS, find where you have the Openvix image.
On RHS click on HDD ... it will probably jump to media/HDD, click on the red triangle and it will change to pointing down and show the HDD directories.
Move down and click on open-multiboot-upload directory
then move the Vix image with the mouse to this directory.

On receiver:
Blue button to show installed plugins.
Click on OpenMultiboot
Click on Green button (Install).
Should show Vix image.
Hit enter ... will load onto USB stick.
When finished, you get the menu back and you can the click on the Openvix image, Say Yes to reboot this image next.
Then restart the receiver.
Ensure OpenVix is outlined on restart and you should be away......... and you can still go back to OpenATV (in flash on multiboot).

Sorry for my confusion over the 2 receivers :)
 
Last edited:
No problem - I'm going to note what you wrote and save it up for when I'm feeling more confident. Just hesitant at the moment until we find out what's happened to the guy who got into difficulties yesterday.

Thanks - brilliant help from everyone!
 
I've been quiet - enjoying my multistreams on 5 deg W but today I have run into another query/problem.

I'm trying to get the DVB-S2X to work; I've moved a dish round onto 33 deg E and am trying to get TF1 Suisse/TMC/NT1, params are 12621 V 10057 25/36 S2X.

I choose Manual Scan, User Defined Transponder, but I can only then choose DVB-S or DVB-S2. So a FEC of 25/36 isn't one of the options, and I'm unclear what QPSK value I should be choosing - it doesn't seem to be an option on lyngsat for that use in DVB-S2X.

Double checked my order from the sponsors and it definitely says DVB-S2X, so I'm wondering what I'm missing.....?

Thanks for any help folks - you've been brilliant thus far and I'm grateful. Any guidance on all the values I should be inputting would be great!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top