Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Zero4K] HbbTV on OpenVix achieved / Reboot caused loss of "Favourites"

Fenderman

New member
Joined
Mar 6, 2021
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Points
0
An earlier post asked for help getting into HbbTV but I didn't manage to do it. I have now managed it :) - more by hit & miss than good management! I carried out the following steps (OpenVix):
1. MENU > PLUGINS > GREEN (= download plugins)
2. I expanded EXTENSIONS and searched for anything mentioning "HbbTV" and installed; I installed "HbbTV Plugin" and I may have installed a second one in the list mentioning "HbbTV". At this stage I did NOT get it working!
3. Later, I did two more (hit & miss) things: (a) In "OpenWebif" under PLUGINS, I changed "Playback IPTV streams in browser to YES and pressed GREEN (= save), which probably did nothing and then (b) installed "Open Webif Terminal" which caused the STB to freeze immediately after installation! After switching OFF and then ON, the STB was working again & I was able to make HbbTV work - see example below:
4(a) An example is BB-MV-LokalTV on Astra1 19.2°E (DVB-S2 11552H 22000 2/3 8PSK) which is identified on the opening screen as "Lokal-TV-Portal".
(b) The key step is to press BLUE (= extensions) which brings up a "Please choose an extension..." menu from which I chose "HbbTV Applications" and pressed OK, which brought up a "Please choose an HbbTV application." menu with a single choice "Lokal-TV-Portal HD" and I pressed OK. This allowed me to select the sources "Bayern, Berlin, Brandenburg, etc." and move to other menus and watch HbbTV. Exciting but perhaps less so if you have no German.
Final (separate) point: as a consequence of the need to switch off the STB and reboot, my Favourites [or User-bouquets (TV)] listings were blanked. To the original "Favourites (TV)" and "Last Scanned", I had added others (English, German, French, Turkish) using E-Channelizer and filled them manually using the STB's menus. Unfortunately my choices survive Standby but do NOT survive a reboot. Can anyone advise me on making these choices permanent? :confused:
 
Same here I would also like to get HbbTV working but cant see how to activate it. The only plugin I saw was hbbtv-webkit
 
Same here I would also like to get HbbTV working but cant see how to activate it. The only plugin I saw was hbbtv-webkit

I realise there are a lot of vineyards in Australia run by families of German/Austrian background, so maybe you speak German, but I hope you realise this plugin is only really supported by some German TV outfits running German language channels?
 
I realise there are a lot of vineyards in Australia run by families of German/Austrian background, so maybe you speak German, but I hope you realise this plugin is only really supported by some German TV outfits running German language channels?

Well I didnt know that! Australia has a new Hbbtv service and im not talking about Austria! Anyway the plugin should show up even if not supported in other countries :)
 
I am sure there were two entries (not together) mentioning HbbTV under Plugins>Extensions but my memory is not quite what it was. As far as language is concerned, I have O-level German & took Scientific German as a supplementary for 2 years at University. That was a long time ago and I'm a bit rusty. However, for information on the roll out of HbbTV there is an article on Wikipedia headed Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV.

No one seems to have any ideas on my Favourites content disappearing after a reboot (see my first post in this thread) - I am obviously missing something.
 
I am sure there were two entries (not together) mentioning HbbTV under Plugins>Extensions but my memory is not quite what it was. As far as language is concerned, I have O-level German & took Scientific German as a supplementary for 2 years at University. That was a long time ago and I'm a bit rusty. However, for information on the roll out of HbbTV there is an article on Wikipedia headed Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV.

No one seems to have any ideas on my Favourites content disappearing after a reboot (see my first post in this thread) - I am obviously missing something.
I would use Echannelizer to create Bouquets and services and download the changed bouquets
 
I have O-level German & took Scientific German as a supplementary for 2 years at University. headed Hybrid Favourites content disappearing after a reboot (see my first post in this thread) - I am obviously missing something.
What's an O-level? Sounds like something out of the 1970's.
 
....but I hope you realise this plugin is only really supported by some German TV outfits running German language channels?

So the UK Freeview channels in the range 263 to 271 are something other than HbbTV then?
Or are they HbbTV but not as implemented in this plugin?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top