Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

HD keeps spinning

jerry2

New member
Joined
Oct 14, 2012
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
Points
0
.... most of the time. I have a 2TB 2,5" Verbatim hard drive and it just spins up for no reason and makes noise in my room. I have set VIX image to 2 minutes standby. Is there any logical reason the HD would keep and strt rotating or no obvious reason? I have put EPG data now on USB stick, but it is not better.
 
EPG data is stored in the flash, same as your bouquets are, so that would not cause the HDD to spin continuously. Debug logging would but so would a lot of other things, without more details we would be guessing.
 
How can I find more details about that? Look at log file?
 
You could try creating a debug log to see if it logs any thing that could help track this down.
 
I'll try, thank you. Is there any chance that the HD would do this by itself and some other brand would behave differently?
 
No there is no reason why the HDD would need to spin up all the time on it's own.
 
Only other thing I can think of is if you have a network share on the HDD and some other PC (Windows etc.) is polling your box occasionally.
 
I do indeed have a network share from my NAS (Synology 410j).
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top