Yes the file in post #74 is the correct one.
Hi, In that case it is magically fixed as I now can't make timeshift crash !!
I will keep trying and as soon as it does (if it does) I will send you a log file.
Yes the file in post #74 is the correct one.
Can you try again with this file. Get debug log. Code is as original so you should be able to get it to crash. Just want to confirm the previous fix is correct.
@smipx can you try file in post#79 …. For imdb search
@smipx - OK, many thanks for all the testingTwol - That is what I did and the results for you are in post #82 - I referenced Huevos' quote in that post but I was talking about your plugin.py in post #79. Sorry for the confusion.. The IMDB is fixed and you have the debug log showing that in post #82
Huevos - I have already done that for you - my system has the post #74 variablevalue. Post #81 explains that I could not get it to crash for you so no crash log. I will keep trying and as soon as the Timeshift does crash (if it does) I will post a crash log.
File in post #74 is the original plus some debug so should do whatever the original did. Maybe just leave it in place and wait for the next crash.Huevos - I have already done that for you - my system has the post #74 variablevalue. Post #81 explains that I could not get it to crash for you so no crash log. I will keep trying and as soon as the Timeshift does crash (if it does) I will post a crash log.
File in post #74 is the original plus some debug so should do whatever the original did. Maybe just leave it in place and wait for the next crash.
Also, With all of these excellent fixes implemented will I need to do anyting other than upgrade to the next release when it is available (with the 3 fixes - HDMICEC, Timeshift and imdb). Will that simply overwrite the temporary fixes I have installed?
Cheers,
Paul
What are the .py rules nowadays if you leave them lying around and then do a software update?
Do they recompile and overwrite more up-to-date .pyc files?
(I know that the next release is likely to be 6.2, so software updates won't be an option, just wondering.)