Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Zgemma H7] HDMI-CEC working with Standby but not working with Deep Standby

Yes the file in post #74 is the correct one.

Hi, In that case it is magically fixed as I now can't make timeshift crash !!
I will keep trying and as soon as it does (if it does) I will send you a log file.
 
@smipx can you try file in post#79 …. For imdb search
 
@smipx can you try file in post#79 …. For imdb search

Twol - That is what I did and the results for you are in post #82 - I referenced Huevos' quote in that post but I was talking about your plugin.py in post #79. Sorry for the confusion.. The IMDB is fixed and you have the debug log showing that in post #82

Huevos - I have already done that for you - my system has the post #74 variablevalue. Post #81 explains that I could not get it to crash for you so no crash log. I will keep trying and as soon as the Timeshift does crash (if it does) I will post a crash log.
 
Twol - That is what I did and the results for you are in post #82 - I referenced Huevos' quote in that post but I was talking about your plugin.py in post #79. Sorry for the confusion.. The IMDB is fixed and you have the debug log showing that in post #82

Huevos - I have already done that for you - my system has the post #74 variablevalue. Post #81 explains that I could not get it to crash for you so no crash log. I will keep trying and as soon as the Timeshift does crash (if it does) I will post a crash log.
@smipx - OK, many thanks for all the testing
 
Huevos - I have already done that for you - my system has the post #74 variablevalue. Post #81 explains that I could not get it to crash for you so no crash log. I will keep trying and as soon as the Timeshift does crash (if it does) I will post a crash log.
File in post #74 is the original plus some debug so should do whatever the original did. Maybe just leave it in place and wait for the next crash.
 
File in post #74 is the original plus some debug so should do whatever the original did. Maybe just leave it in place and wait for the next crash.

I wonder if the mere action of outputting debug in the file is adding some tiny delay to the processing that is stopping the crash??
Like a quark - the mere activity of observing the quark can change its behavior.
 
Oh - Okay - but the theory sounded good :-)
 
So max possible value for a 32 bit integer is:
31**2-1 = 2147483647

Your value at the crash is 2202592220, so out of range.

Not sure where the bad value is coming from so the best way to avoid the crash is force it back in range.
 
? Is that something I am expected to do ?
 
Do you need any more logs huevos?
It crashed again but I suspect you have all you need now :-)
 
Also, With all of these excellent fixes implemented will I need to do anyting other than upgrade to the next release when it is available (with the 3 fixes - HDMICEC, Timeshift and imdb). Will that simply overwrite the temporary fixes I have installed?

Cheers,
Paul
 
Also, With all of these excellent fixes implemented will I need to do anyting other than upgrade to the next release when it is available (with the 3 fixes - HDMICEC, Timeshift and imdb). Will that simply overwrite the temporary fixes I have installed?

Cheers,
Paul

I would backup settings and online flash into a new slot. Then you could always flip back if necessary
 
What are the .py rules nowadays if you leave them lying around and then do a software update?

Do they recompile and overwrite more up-to-date .pyc files?

(I know that the next release is likely to be 6.2, so software updates won't be an option, just wondering.)
 
Last edited:
What are the .py rules nowadays if you leave them lying around and then do a software update?

Do they recompile and overwrite more up-to-date .pyc files?

(I know that the next release is likely to be 6.2, so software updates won't be an option, just wondering.)

If you install a .py file OPKG knows it did not install it, so won't remove it before the upgrade. For people testing with .py it is always a good idea to flash and restore.
 
Hi Twol,

I have another question for you (being the resident HDMI-CEC guru) if you don't mind?

I just got a Kodi media player (OSMC Vero 4K+) and an HDMI Switch will soon be on the way (that is CEC compliant) - Amazon ASIN B0928XP25L. I plan to have both the Zgemma and the Vero plugged into the switch and then the switch plugged into the Soundbar. The Soundbar will then relay the picture to the TV. I will then watch the zgemma most of the time and on the odd occasion press the switch to flip over to the Vero. I must have the Vero plugged into the Soundbar and would want the Zgemma plugged into the Soundbar too (but only 1 spare input HDMI) as:

1. The Zgemma has the lip sync issue if plugged into the TV
2. The Vero will be passing FULL-HD and ATMOS so must be plugged into the bar.

I want to make sure the TV and Soundbar don't get their knickers in a twist when I flip over and was wondering if I should give the zgemma a different fixed CEC address (as opposed to 0.0.0.0) so that it is clearly distinguishable from the Vero. I could then flip over and hopefully the TV and Soundbar will always realise that the device is a different device.

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated. Please bear in mind my understanding of how the CEC addressing works is pretty non existent.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top