Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Zgemma H7] HDMI-CEC working with Standby but not working with Deep Standby

I will do this tomorrow twol of that is okay. My wife is getting a bit irate at the lack of TV :-)
I also had a new broadband router/hub today so have been taking the internet off and on all day.

I am not popular in the smipx household but tomorrow is another day and it will all be forgiven overnight ;-)

When I copy these over and reboot does the statement "but its causing a crash" mean that my machine will crash ??

Cheers
Paul

Thats absolutely fine, you and yours have shown great patience!

There is a skin crash in the log during Standby and I just want to avoid it while we are fixing the hdmicec issue.
I am out until mid afternoon tomorrow, as I have to be in Munich from early morning, so plenty of time!
 
I did it anyway. No rush...... results in post #20
sent you a pm too....
 
If you are in the UK - Have a good flight
If you are taking a ferry - Good luck with that
If you are already on the EU mainland then ignore me!
 
Just regarding "There is a skin crash in the log during Standby" is this someting I have done by resoring my settings? I did a few mods myself to the confluence skin in the previous version of openvix and am worried that my tweaks may have carried over to the new release with my restore and be causing the crash somehow.

If not then I will wait for an update to the confluence skin in due course :-)
 
If not then I will wait for an update to the confluence skin in due course :-)

If it's the ViXBMC_1080_Confluence skin, then I reckon there haven't been any updates for 3 years.
 
:-( Oh such a shame. It's a lovely skin and I've been using it and been happy with it for a long time. Is it the same casae for the Bello Skin - not liking bellow quite as much but its essentially the same just a bit "purple".
I will just stick with confluence and live with the occasional crash in standby I guess.
 
Yea, Tried most of them - Keep coming back to ViXBMC_1080_Confluence
Sad - I know. but once you get used to one ............
 
@smipx - this change is a bit of a hammer job, but just want to see if it fixes the issue for you. Still, shuts down my setup on Standby or DeepStandby, so lets see!
 

Attachments

Not entirely sure @Huevos. @Twol mentioned it in post #24 as he's analysed my logs already so he might be able to shed some light at some point. I think he's tied up today / tomorrow but I'm sure he'll reply when he gets a chance.

thanks
Paul
 
@smipx .... so try this.
stop box, (init 4) rename .pyc and then copy attachment to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens
reboot (init 6)
 

Attachments

Hi twol,

Don't get angry :-) I did it and it didn't make any difference

Timeline:
9.58 Resume DS - TV came on on Soundbar Came on
9:59 - DS on Zgemma - TV Left On and SB Left on
10:00 Turn off TV with TV remote
10:01 Resume from DS - TV came on and SB came on
10:02 Zgemma into normal StandBy - Tv went off and SB went off
10:03 Resume from normal SB - TV came on SB came on

Logs:
View attachment Enigma2_debug_2022-04-14_09-59-26.log
View attachment Enigma2_debug_2022-04-14_09-57-47.log
View attachment Enigma2_debug_2022-04-14_09-56-22.log
View attachment hdmicec.log

Thanks for all the hard work :-)
 
I have been quietly following this thread as I didn't have time to do any testing.

My H7S is able to put my amp into standby correctly and bring it back out of standby. Also when "Regard deep standby as standby" is enabled it functions as expected so the problem may be the sound bar. Have you tried updating the firmware on it? There is an update dated 5th January, there is no changlog so I've no idea what it fixes/improves.

Edit: Using Vix 6.1.004 (release) with no modification to the hdmicec.py file
 
Also another thing you can try seeing as you changed the connection layout of the devices is to disable HDMICEC on ALL DEVICES and reboot all of them. Then re-enable it. HDMICEC is flaky at the best of times and the system may be confused with conflicting addresses.
 
Hi ronand,

Yes the Soundbar was updated to the latest FW when I installed it. It's on 1010.1 The TV is also on the latest.


The odd thing is that it is fine when the Zgemma goes to "standby" rather than "deep standby" so I imagine that if the Zgemma sent a "standby" signal when asked to "deep standby" (exactly the same as it does when a "standby" is requested) then the Soundbar should work well with it. My guess (and only a guess here) is that the py file sends a different command (or in a different way) to the Soundbar when you select "Deep Standby" as opposed to "Standby". Can't see why it would want to do anyting different (if intentional) as its the Zgemma we are asking to go into "Deep Standby" so the command sent to the downstream devices ought to be the same to tell them to go to "Standby".

Probably a massive oversimplification (having taken a look at the py file - Somewhat complex is a bit of an understatement - well for me anyway).

When I changed the connectivity I completely reset the TV with no devices plugged in and follwed the Samsung guide on setting it all up from scratch (in case it could have been causing the issue).

Cheers,
Paul
 
Last edited:
@smipx, So a question, which plugins do you have installed?

The issue is not the hdmicec code the commands are issued to the C++ hdmicec driver - but it never sends them - so either the box dies very quickly when you have sent deepstandby or there is another issue.
The fact that ronand's h7s works fine, implies the latter.

The last code (I had already tried treating deepstandby like standby) was to bring forward as earliest as possible the code in the Standby routine - and again the hdmicec driver calls are not run.

So this latest update issues the hdmicec driver calls direct from DeepStandby on a broadcast - so all devices on hdmi should see them.
If they don't appear in the log, then there is a block somewhere

There is an issue with Samsung, in so far as the msgaddress used on sends from the Samsung are all over the place, they obviously use a register that is not directly initialised and send whatever value is there at the time.

If this doesn't work, then there is an issue on your image, but don't know what.
 

Attachments

Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top