Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Help Loading latest image on VU+ Uno with ViX 2.3

  • Thread starter Thread starter Burnham
  • Start date Start date
B

Burnham

Guest
Having successfully updated my old VU+ Duo two days ago following advice received in the forum (thanks for all the help in that thread), it's time to update my VU+ Uno. Same reason for posting - I want to be 100% sure I am not about to make any mistakes.

The VU+ Uno was bought in December 2011 and has never been updated since. It has ViX 2.3 loaded and I am told (but can't check) that it had the latest FPGA upgrade loaded (v4.4 at the time).

These are the steps I will take:

Prenote/ I read there is no need the change the bootloader - correct ?

1/ Upgrade the FPGA to v4.5

2/ Load the latest OpenViX via USB - openvix-3.0.734-vuuno_usb

I am unsure if I have steps 1 & 2 the wrong way round - what is the best sequence? - and is there any need to change the FPGA to v4.5 if I already have v4.4 (I can't find a changelog for what FPGA v4.5 did over v4.4)
 
Having successfully updated my old VU+ Duo two days ago following advice received in the forum (thanks for all the help in that thread), it's time to update my VU+ Uno. Same reason for posting - I want to be 100% sure I am not about to make any mistakes.

The VU+ Uno was bought in December 2011 and has never been updated since. It has ViX 2.3 loaded and I am told (but can't check) that it had the latest FPGA upgrade loaded (v4.4 at the time).

These are the steps I will take:

Prenote/ I read there is no need the change the bootloader - correct ?

1/ Upgrade the FPGA to v4.5

2/ Load the latest OpenViX via USB - openvix-3.0.734-vuuno_usb

I am unsure if I have steps 1 & 2 the wrong way round - what is the best sequence? - and is there any need to change the FPGA to v4.5 if I already have v4.4 (I can't find a changelog for what FPGA v4.5 did over v4.4)

Update the image first then go into the plugins section and perform the FPGA upgrade for the tuner module. As for changelogs dont worry about that the FPGA upgrade is simply a firmware update for the chip that controls the tuner module amongst other things.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
Thanks for the quick reply - your advice for this Uno and with my other thread on the Duo have been most re-assuring.

I can't access the Uno for another week, just getting ready in advance.
 
Thanks for the quick reply - your advice for this Uno and with my other thread on the Duo have been most re-assuring.

I can't access the Uno for another week, just getting ready in advance.


You are very welcome, and thats exactly what the forum and we are here for, to help people

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
I am now where the VU+Uno is located. I now have done the update to the latest OpenViX, and then did the FPGA update - all went without any major problems. I am also very pleased that the Vix Day HD skin was available to download so the VU+Uno can have a look similar to what I am used to.

Thanks again for the help - it was simple to do, but good to have the procedure described in advance.

I have a minor question on Inadyn, but I will raise a separate thread for that.
 
I am now where the VU+Uno is located. I now have done the update to the latest OpenViX, and then did the FPGA update - all went without any major problems. I am also very pleased that the Vix Day HD skin was available to download so the VU+Uno can have a look similar to what I am used to.

Thanks again for the help - it was simple to do, but good to have the procedure described in advance.

I have a minor question on Inadyn, but I will raise a separate thread for that.

Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress and i am very happy you got there in the end. Please do make a thread with your other questions although i dont think i will be able to help as it's not a area that i have any real experience in.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top