Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Zgemma H7] Help needed with WiFi dongle

jonnyb1

New member
Joined
Mar 5, 2021
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi,

Only just got my Zgemma H7. Haven't been able to get my WiFi dongle to talk to the box.

The usb dongle is a TP Link T2U nano. I've tried the various drives available through the plugin downloads but none work.
 
Plenty of dongles on the market but its the chipset it has and if its supported on plugins feed.

That one looks tiny and the proper ones have an antenna.

Thinking your might not be a supported one?

Should have asked if you rebooted box after drivers were downloaded and is it seen?
 
Try the network-usb-mt7610u driver and reboot the receiver. If that doesn't work you are probably out of luck.
 
Just to be clear I would do a hard re-boot ie power off at rear.
 
Looks like it has a rtl8812au chipset?

Try:
enigma2-plugin-drivers-network-usb-rtl8812au

 
Last edited:
This is what I found
Code:
deviwiki.com/wiki/TP-LINK_Archer_T2U
but of course TP Link usually has several different revisions of each product and its difficult to ascertain what is inside.

The OP could try plugging it into a PC/laptop and see what sort of drivers are loaded.
 
There is a T2U and a T2U Nano. Probably different chipsets.

But yes, plugging it in somewhere else to see what it claims to be might be useful.
The box itself will already be doing this, but if you can't connect to it as you have no network that's not so helpful.

Perhaps a menu option to display dmesg output would be useful....
 
Hi all

Thanks for the replies. I put the dongle into my laptop. All I could figure out was what's in the screen shot below.
I thought I saw somehere as follows "rtl8128.ce" think it was in the windows/system32/drivers folder.
dac76b30f07828aaf54dcd166c449924.jpg


Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
Have you actually tried the enigma2 enigma2-plugin-drivers-network-usb-rtl8812au package?

The TP-Link instructions for building the Linux driver at:
Code:
 https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/archer-t2u/#Driver
set
Code:
CONFIG_RTL8821A = y
and it's a USB version, hence the u suffix.
 
Have you actually tried the enigma2 enigma2-plugin-drivers-network-usb-rtl8812au package?

The TP-Link instructions for building the Linux driver at:
Code:
 https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/archer-t2u/#Driver
set
Code:
CONFIG_RTL8821A = y
and it's a USB version, hence the u suffix.
Tried that package,no joy.

Will try build the driver later

Thanks

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top