Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Help with updating my Mutant 1200 to the latest VIX Version

Flyingpig

New member
Joined
Oct 18, 2011
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello All,

Now my Mutant is in my bedroom and fitted into a rather tight spot with cables going into the back via a neatly cut hole. It is connected to the internet via a USB Wireless dongle purchased from WOS. Now it needs an update as it is on the old system, but to update it, I dont want to have to bring it downstairs and plug it into the router direct.

Is there a way to download and install the latest VIX version and have the driver for the wireless dongle installed without it connected via ethernet cable to my router? If I download the file from VIX menu (couch flashing) I dont get the USB driver. I then cant install the USB driver without the box being connected to the internet - I cant connect the box to the internet via cable in its current position? Any ideas? Best way to do it? I surely cant be the only person in this situation.

Thanks,

FP.
 
Which usb wifi dongle are you using? For example, the RTL8192cu driver has been included in the image for a month or two now.
 
Yep.... Spot on, that is the driver I was using.

So updated all wored great!! Wooohooooo.....
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top