Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

How can i install Picons into Flash memory and can anybody recommend best for uk sky

  • Thread starter Thread starter arnie2014
  • Start date Start date
A

arnie2014

Guest
Hi all

When I first got my vu+ solo2 box, it didn't come with the Channel logos ( Picons as iv recently found out they are called on here) so I somehow downloaded some direct on the box im guessing either via the plugin or addon menu etc

my questions are:

1. How do I install them into flash memory - as I belive this is the best way, as currently im guessing they are on my Hard drive

2. Where would they currently be saved ( like what folder in FTP would they be in)

3. can anybody recommend the best ones to download for UK sky please

4. on the box its self where can I find out which picons I currently have installed please
 
2. Where would they currently be saved ( like what folder in FTP would they be in)
4. on the box its self where can I find out which picons I currently have installed please
Check /media/hdd/ for a folder called "picon"

1. How do I install them into flash memory - as I belive this is the best way, as currently im guessing they are on my Hard drive
Move the picon folder to your internal flash memory. You might need to save to your PC first then transfer to internal memory.

3. can anybody recommend the best ones to download for UK sky please
Check picon section and take your pick

This one is good
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...by-MMCMedia-No-Discussion&p=317948#post317948
 
They will more than likely be in:
/picon
/media/hdd/picon
or
/media/usb/picon

As the Solo2 has plenty of flash, I'd keep them in /picon (root directory on flash)

Preffered pack for 28.2 will be down to your own likes, try Ocram: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40962-ocram-picons

Yes according to my FTp filezilla program they are installed in MEDIA/USB/PICON - why would they be in the USB folder if I do not have a USB pen connected?

what do you mean keep them in /picon - do you mean basically create a folder called PICON ( as their currently isn't one) in filezilla as when I click the top icon ( im this is the root then at the bottom it should have a folder called picons am i correct? but because it doesn't I have to create the picon folder and transfer all my PICONS to this folder?
 
Can you telnet into the box?
If so, just issue
Code:
mv /media/usb/picon /picon
This will move them from where they currently are to the root of flash.
 
Can you telnet into the box?
If so, just issue
Code:
mv /media/usb/picon /picon
This will move them from where they currently are to the root of flash.


Hi yes I have just used Telnet to move my picons to flash, so will this make my box abit better

if I download new picons on the box directly would the need to be moved to flash or would they automatically overwrite the current ones?
 
Most picon packs when installed from the plugin feeds should give you a choice of locations if more than one is available.
If downloading from the forums & transferring to the box, just overwrite the ones now in /picon
 
Most picon packs when installed from the plugin feeds should give you a choice of locations if more than one is available.
If downloading from the forums & transferring to the box, just overwrite the ones now in /picon

no problem thank you

Im just trying to find the most upto date picons now, just clicked one but it appears a lot of them have channels missing
 
The link the the bottom of post 3 is fine barring a few channels.

ok I downloaded that rar file and I do not see skysports 5 for example but in a thread before that MMC attatched the Skysports5 picon, do I just download that attatchment and add it to the picon folder
 
The one for SS5 is correct as it is.
(background info: Picons are named by service refernce)
 
The one for SS5 is correct as it is.
(background info: Picons are named by service refernce)

ok but when iv downloaded the additional picons they are just named wioth the channel name, should I find their service references
 
Sorry, can i change approach here? My mistake, shouldn't have posted a link to an incomplete set.

Download Nephilims ones. His ones are up to date.
 
right I put my picon folder into flash or I think I have but now the box will not read them or should I say display threm on their revelent channels
 
right I put my picon folder into flash or I think I have but now the box will not read them or should I say display threm on their revelent channels
Thought you had that sorted about 10 posts back?
Does an E2 restart help?
Can you take a screenshot of your /picon folder?
Have you removed all other /media/ device type / picon folders?
 
Thought you had that sorted about 10 posts back?
Does an E2 restart help?
Can you take a screenshot of your /picon folder?
Have you removed all other /media/ device type / picon folders?

well I managed to move the picon folder to the root directory then I went to my box and restarted it but no icons where showing up for some reason
 
well I managed to move the picon folder to the root directory then I went to my box and restarted it but no icons where showing up for some reason
Something not right so.
What picon pack are you currently using?
If you ftp or telnet into the box, are they listed by reference number or channel name in /picon root folder?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top