Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

How can i install Picons into Flash memory and can anybody recommend best for uk sky

  • Thread starter Thread starter arnie2014
  • Start date Start date
im not sure what picon pack im using I downloaded it when I first got the box and I cannot seem to find out what pack it is, its been working perfectly fine

but once I moved it into flash it stopped appearing for each channel

I just moved the picon folder back to media/usb and they appear again

yes all the channels are listed by reference number
 
Untitled 2.webpUntitled 2.webp

here are two screenshots

yes before you say anything, I have moved allmy picons back into the media/usb area for now
 
Yes according to my FTp filezilla program they are installed in MEDIA/USB/PICON - why would they be in the USB folder if I do not have a USB pen connected?

I have moved allmy picons back into the media/usb area for now

Thought you didn't have a USB stick mounted?
I'd remove all picon folders & start from sratch.
 
I'd guess your /etc/enigma2/settings is now messed up with picon location, maybe restored settings with drives previously used no longer attached?
Fresh flash of current build will fix the issue.
 
I'd guess your /etc/enigma2/settings is now messed up with picon location, maybe restored settings with drives previously used no longer attached?
Fresh flash of current build will fix the issue.

I cannot fresh flash I as I will lose everthing if I did that

I only moved them back to get them working again and they are working perfectly fine in MEDIA/USB

soon as I put them on the root they don't appear
 
iv just found something ,

my picons are also installed on /usr/share/enigma2/picon - could this be the reason they are not showing when I move them from /media/usb/picon to /
 
Since you are not prepared to do a fresh flash and by this are ignoring @judge his good advice, I suggest you just keep on messing around with your clearly messed up install, until you have wasted some more time of those trying to help you and yourself, before realizing it should be a good idea to start from scratch.

PS: Although it is one of the smallest printscreens I have seen in a long time, who still uses 800x450 screens? :D It sure are some strange names that your picons seem to have.
 
Since you are not prepared to do a fresh flash and by this are ignoring @judge his good advice, I suggest you just keep on messing around with your clearly messed up install, until you have wasted some more time of those trying to help you and yourself, before realizing it should be a good idea to start from scratch.

PS: Although it is one of the smallest printscreens I have seen in a long time, who still uses 800x450 screens? :D It sure are some strange names that your picons seem to have.

im not using 800x450 screens I just clicked screenshot and put it into photofiltre so I could save it as a jpeg

and its not that im not prepared to fresh flash, im not ignoring @judge at all I just do not want to lose all my settings, channel lists etc
 
I know that you are not using 800x450 screens, but at least make sure that somebody can read them properly, otherwise it's useless.
 
I know that you are not using 800x450 screens, but at least make sure that somebody can read them properly, otherwise it's useless.

ok no problem, I have got all my PICONS sorted now anyway I just have a few missing still

also my BBC news HD is listed under documentary catergory instead of news
 
OK, so moving your picons from a non-existing usb stick to internal flash and back from flash to usb, has solved your problem "How can i install Picons into Flash memory and can anybody recommend best for uk sky"?

If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me, good luck with BBC news HD and it being in the wrong category, perhaps move it to "sports" and then back to "documentary", perhaps it will pop up in "news" afterwards. :confused:
 
OK, so moving your picons from a non-existing usb stick to internal flash and back from flash to usb, has solved your problem "How can i install Picons into Flash memory and can anybody recommend best for uk sky"?

If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me, good luck with BBC news HD and it being in the wrong category, perhaps move it to "sports" and then back to "documentary", perhaps it will pop up in "news" afterwards. :confused:

why you speaking to me like that, if you carnt say anything nice, don't say nothing at all, im asking for help and advice and youre speaking to me like im dumb
 
go to the channel you want to move (BBC News HD), flick this channel on and then press up arrow, on remote, press menu, and enable move mode, where you can move it to news
 
go to the channel you want to move (BBC News HD), flick this channel on and then press up arrow, on remote, press menu, and enable move mode, where you can move it to news

this only allows me to move it up and down in the catergory its already in, I need to move it from documentarys to news
 
why you speaking to me like that, if you carnt say anything nice, don't say nothing at all, im asking for help and advice and youre speaking to me like im dumb

You're asking how you can put them on flash storage... Nothing has changed and all of a sudden the problem has been solved... This confuses me and makes me wonder, why bother wasting peoples time? I was not implying you being dumb, those are your own words.
 
also my BBC news HD is listed under documentary catergory instead of news
Can you please stop asking the same uestion in multiple threads.
So far you have picons in multiple locations & are using an old version of AutoBouquets.
Until you fix both these issues, little can be done to help you.
 
Can you please stop asking the same uestion in multiple threads.
So far you have picons in multiple locations & are using an old version of AutoBouquets.
Until you fix both these issues, little can be done to help you.

I only have picons saved in media/usb/picon they work when they are here

but if I try and move that folder into the / - root directory they do not appear, I have searched the box for where else they may be stored and they are not stored anywhere else

and yes I trying to update autobouquets but it doesn't seem to appear to want to update
 
I only have picons saved in media/usb/picon they work when they are here

Do you now have a USB stick mounted on the box so?
Can you telnet into it & issue:
Code:
find / -name picon
& post the results here.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top