Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

How do I fine tune my satellite positions?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tanaks
  • Start date Start date
T

tanaks

Guest
Hi,

I am trying to configure my VU+ Duo 2 and am muddling through it. I have a motorised system so I have managed to set up USALS and then pick the satellites I want, do a scan and receive the channels.

However what I am having trouble with is making the signal as high as possible. For instance there are certain channels where the reception is terrible. So I go to the positioner settings and increase the SNR using the "fine movement" settings. The problem I have found is that there is no way to store these settings.

Could someone point me in the right direction on how I can fine tune the positioner position? If I have USALS set up then does that mean I can't adjust the position?

Confused.com :-)

Tan
 
The correct way is to get the ladder out and adjust the dish correctly. Once that it done Usals will work as intended. You could adjust your East/West value as a temporary fix but this would throw the dish off on other satellites.
 
if it is a small disposition you can change settings for usals coordinates.If it is great differance the do as above and adjust the dish.
 
Ok, thanks. So, do I just guess which USALS coordinates to change and by how much?

Isn't it possible to make the adjustments using the movement options if I am using USALS? Is it possible to do what I said but not use USALS?
 
I had to adjust also.Had to make adjustments on coordinates on position nord.Calculation was 51.111 and set it to 51.011.Little change but had much better reception without having to move the disch a few millimeter.Just try step by step and see what it gives.Just take notes when changing so you can go back to previous settings.Could well be on East also.Depends on where you live
 
Ok, thanks. So, do I just guess which USALS coordinates to change and by how much?

Isn't it possible to make the adjustments using the movement options if I am using USALS? Is it possible to do what I said but not use USALS?

The movement commands are only for disecq and not for Usals.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top