Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

How many unicable II lnb's can I put on a single cable before I need a power inserter ?

Traction Tim

New member
Joined
Jan 14, 2021
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Location
East Midlands
I have a few dishes, and am [STRIKE]dreaming[/STRIKE] thinking of putting unicable II lnb's on a 80cm Triax dish to pick up 13E/19.2E/28.2E with only one cable back to the receiver. The receiver itself is a VU+ Duo 4K SE and this will plug into one tuner. Two of the other tuners are presently connected to a universal lnb pointed at 28.2E, and the fourth connects to a universal lnb on my 1m motorised Triax dish.

I'm guessing three unicable II lnb's would draw too much current from one tuner, and that I would need a unicable power inserter at the dish which I don't want to do. The question is, can I use two of the lnb's on the single cable without a power inserter, or can these tuners only supply enough current for one lnb ? That would mean the end of this dream !

Whether or not I can fit unicable II lnb's close enough together to get 13E and 19.2E can wait for another day :confused:
 
Wouldn't you also have to re-program 2 of the unicable LNBs? or maybe all 3 so there are no clashes?
 
Last edited:
Not a direct answer to your question, if you are going to use multiple unicable devices on one signal wire, you will need to program them. Might be cheaper to run another shotgun cable.

I do know that people care using two unicable devices using two wires on the same card/matrix/module/unit.
 
Wouldn't you also have to re-program 2 of the unicable LNBs? or maybe all 3 so there are no clashes?

I'm still waiting for details from WOS support on exactly what to do, but I believe they have to be individually programmed to identify them as LNB1, LNB2, LNB3.

Not a direct answer to your question, if you are going to use multiple unicable devices on one signal wire, you will need to program them. Might be cheaper to run another shotgun cable.

I do know that people care using two unicable devices using two wires on the same card/matrix/module/unit.

Thanks for that. I'm more interested in using the one cable if it can be done, partly as a challenge, and partly to keep the wiring down :thumbsup: Due to that I didn't want to run a power insertion cable either, and I think that is the one that may derail this idea. If I have to run that, then I may as well simply use shotgun cable as you suggest and save £££'s.
 
Just to clarify, the power inserter is indoors, there is no separate cable to the LNB.

You don't need to wait for WOS, I can confirm you can combine multiple LNBs. They have to be programmable, you must program them, they must have a combiner. You are looking at 120+ for the programmer. The inverto Satpal doubles as a meter and programmer. I am not sure where you can get the combiner.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top