Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[OS-mini] How to avoid lamedb & lamedb5 files being overwritten

amadeus99

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2014
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I want to copy the files /etc/enigma2/lamedb and lamedb5 copy to my new box, but the files are overwritten every time I reboot the box.

How can I avoid the files from being overwritten?
 
... probably need to stop enigma first before copying. (telnet commands "init 4" to stop and "init 3" to restart)
 
They are system files. If they are not present, they are created for you.

Above instructions are one method and simplest.

Another is to use a channel editor.
Another is to transfer and reload channel settings
 
I want to copy the files /etc/enigma2/lamedb and lamedb5 copy to my new box, but the files are overwritten every time I reboot the box.

How can I avoid the files from being overwritten?
It's important to realize that Enigma holds a lot of data in memory (RAM); these data is written upon starting E2, and written when E2 stops (and on several other occasions). So for these (and many other) files when you want to manipulate them manually, you should stop e2 (telnet 'init 4'), manipulate the files as you want and restart e2 (telnet 'init 3').
Or, in case of settings, use a settings editor like Abu suggested.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top