I've got solo2 and just want to get rid of religious, home & garden,shopping, adults channels permanently. Is there a way to delete these without them coming back again?
yes ABM and followed the readme to make custom favourites list. Unwanted are marked with "Hide Section" on ABM but really wanted to get rid of some channels esp Adults which appears with red button. Searching here found this -How-Do-You-Delete-Unwanted-Channels.
Make a copy of provider's xml file. Add the channels to the blacklist section. ABM will not add them, but they will be added by background scanning of Enigma2.
Thanks abu for your time. Just to reconfirm we can't delete channels from the database which is added by background scanning? (not sure if it's the correct way of saying)
I've put few channels on parental protection using remote but it seems a big hassle. Where is blacklist section or file?
Don't think range value worked on blacklist so edited with each ch no. There are few channels on entertainment that I don't want and some that I want to move to different custom section. What would be the best way to do it?
some options:
1) make my own custom LCN file. Some channels will be on order of my preference under custom sections eg UK-> BBC, ITV, CH4 etc. I'll still keep some predefined section eg entertainment but will delete unwanted using CustomMix (??).
2) make favourites.xml. Static list and my current file.
3) What's the best way of removing channel from ABM list? blacklist or use of CustomMix file (delete tag)?
Between option 1 & 2, what's the best way of managing ABM lists?
The range deletes used to work using Luke's xml. Sorry it does not work at the moment.
3. Either will work. I suppose custom mix is better because it is independent of the provider file and you do not have to worry about when ABM is updated.
I hope you are aware that you can scan and not create the default bouquets. This could make things easier for you. I use the large first bouquet, so that I can key in official numbers. Not used that often, but also ensures that all "offcial channels" are present. I use favourites.xml, there is more than one way to skin a cat, so use what you are comfortable with. I see custom LCN as a juggling act, it is esentailly swapping over without limitations. Not very good at it. Whereas favourites is sequential placement and you pick what you want. I use the excel file I made, simplifies things for me
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.