Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

How to flash a VU+ Duo using a USB stick

got download from here followed all advice given to me but am now given up & sticking with black hole as last try knocked out hdmi so had to faf around getting that sorted
thanks again might try again in a few days
Pat
 
If you downloaded the image from here especially VIX, just extract the file and put the folder in it called VUPLUS on to the fat32 formatted stick and put this into the USB - make sure no other USB is plugged in, shutdown and power off and than on.
 
The USB files required to flash are placed in the vuplus/duo folder in the USB drive.
There are 3 files whch if come in a zip, need to be extracted to the duo folder.
The 3 files are :
boot_cfe_auto.jffs2
kernel_cfe_auto.bin
root_cfe_auto.jffs2

those are the three that knocked my vix and enigma 11 visuals off,
 
As regards formatting your memory stick to PC FAT32 I have found that older pen drives like mine (bought 2004) and only do FAT are capable of flashing the image.
 
Hey,

About to upgrade to vix 2.2. Just wanna make sure how do I back up my settings and more importantly my bouquets so I won't have to set up everything after the 2.2 is on.

Any guides on that? Couldn't find any...

Thanks!
 
use dreambox edit or dreamset to backup your bouquets and make sure if your using a softcam to backup the configuration files. then you should be ok to flash the new image. once your on VIX 2.2 run a full update via the blue button > VIX. you can also backup your image and settings directly from within VIX 2.2 again via the blue button > vix > backup manager and image manager.
 
Hey,

About to upgrade to vix 2.2. Just wanna make sure how do I back up my settings and more importantly my bouquets so I won't have to set up everything after the 2.2 is on.

Any guides on that? Couldn't find any...

Thanks!
 
Hey,

About to upgrade to vix 2.2. Just wanna make sure how do I back up my settings and more importantly my bouquets so I won't have to set up everything after the 2.2 is on.

Any guides on that? Couldn't find any...

Thanks!
 
Hey,

About to upgrade to vix 2.2. Just wanna make sure how do I back up my settings and more importantly my bouquets so I won't have to set up everything after the 2.2 is on.

Any guides on that? Couldn't find any...

Thanks!
 
Hey,

About to upgrade to vix 2.2. Just wanna make sure how do I back up my settings and more importantly my bouquets so I won't have to set up everything after the 2.2 is on.

Any guides on that? Couldn't find any...

Thanks!

you have now posted this exact same post 5 times in this thread one after another, even after being given help please read the posts above yours.
 
Oops...sorry for the re-post... server error had me do it!

Thanks for the reply.

I'll go try the back up manager.

btw, any idea from where I can d/l bouqutes of 7e, 13e and 16e?

Thanks!
 
have a look here,
Code:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?21-Enigma-2-Settings

maybe try the vhannible packs.
 
Everytime I post something it gives me an error msg so I hit reload and....

Deeply apologize for that. It keeps happening...
 
Everytime I post something it gives me an error msg so I hit reload and....

Deeply apologize for that. It keeps happening...

no worries, were having a few issues we are currently working through on the site.
 
Have a look in my signature for link to tutorial for using vix image manager and backup manager

There's no "backup manager" on my vix menu. Only "image manager" is there (plus 5 other things).

From where do I d/l and install the "backup manager"?
 
You can use Dreamboxedit to backup your bouquets.
 
Have a look in my signature for link to tutorial for using vix image manager and backup manager

There's no "backup manager" on my vix menu. Only "image manager" is there (plus 5 other things).

From where do I d/l and install the "backup manager"?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top