Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

how to look for my network on et 10000

Thanks for confirming not just me!

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk
 
When enabled, the debug logs are generated by Enigma 2 to help debug (fix) problems. Default setting is debug logs = off.

You enable debug logs in the logs menu. You must reboot receiver for change in this setting to take effect.
 
When enabled, the debug logs are generated by Enigma 2 to help debug (fix) problems. Default setting is debug logs = off.

You enable debug logs in the logs menu. You must reboot receiver for change in this setting to take effect.

So if i enable it and then install samba, will there then be something to show you or some sort of log i can post?
 
Yes, there will be a debug log. You attach it to the post.

I would suggest you do the following:
Create an image backup so you can revert to it later.

Install latest image on download server, do not restore any settings or plugins. enable debug logs. reboot. install/setup samba. do not forget the client. After reboot (normal after setting up samba), go back to samba setup.

Attach all debug logs.
 
I've updated from 4.1.004 to 4.1.009 today. (Couch flash)

If I do not restore settings or plugins and only setup the wifi network (which seemed sensible), Samba installs ok.

If I do restore settings using the wizard, Samba now never installs. It goes thru' the reboot procedure,
but is then "disabled/stopped", and goes to the setup process again.

Successful and unsuccessful logs attached. I don't think they show much, but could be wrong.

It looks like the settings restore (taken when Samba was configured and running) is bringing in some kind of conflict.

/etc/samba has a file smb.conf, dated 21/4/2016.
 
Thinking about it a bit, the debug log for the 2nd Samba install, after the 1st install appeared to work and had rebooted, might be more useful .....
 
No matter what I have done since got it I've never seen it on my computer. Apart from seeing it go green on the Xtrend what all else do you have to do in English lol?

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk
 
yh exactly . I do not want to do a fresh install of a new image if i can not restore my settings. The prob is i need to restore because my channel list and bouquets for my cable channels were all done individually and it took me hours to make. I need to be able to restore my settings.

But yh same thing with me. I just can not get it to start. It works fine on my solo 2 and edison OS.
Another interesting point is that it does not work on my brothers xtrend 8000. Same issue. Can not start.
 
I did get it working - install samba before restoring settings.
 
I did get it working - install samba before restoring settings.

so your saying when i do a fresh flash and DO NOT restore settings or plug ins,
I then install samba.
I then can restore my settings and it would work?
 
so your saying when i do a fresh flash and DO NOT restore settings or plug ins,
I then install samba.
I then can restore my settings and it would work?
... well it did for me.
 
I'm on a fresh USB flash of latest Vix and no restores done as was trying to fix a cable issue and samba still not working for me anyway and it's all activated on the box! Nothing else I have to do??? Could be my old ish laptop no??

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk
 
I've updated from 4.1.004 to 4.1.009 today. (Couch flash)

(1) If I reflash and do not restore settings or plugins and only setup the wifi network (which seemed sensible), Samba installs ok.

(2) If I reflash and restore settings using the wizard, Samba now never installs. It goes thru' the reboot procedure,
but is then "disabled/stopped", and goes to the setup process again.

Restoring settings after step (1) leaves samba working ok.

edited a bit for clarity.
 
I'm on a fresh USB flash of latest Vix and no restores done as was trying to fix a cable issue and samba still not working for me anyway and it's all activated on the box! Nothing else I have to do??? Could be my old ish laptop no??

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk
How old? I think samba will be relying on a workgroup called WORKGROUP (by default).
 
It's win 10 anyway

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk
 
How about this, perhaps....

google search said:
Change Windows 10 login from a PIN to password and the other computers, devices on the network become visible and accessible
 
I use a password already

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
Bizarrely I checked the log on the box and it was blank but for first time ever since it' has vappeared! ;)

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top