Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

how to look for my network on et 10000

Is this because you haven't needed to do a settings restore?

yes exactly. I started from scratch.

I still do not know what was preventing it from starting in my original settings tho
 
.... so you still might not be able to use settings restores when new VIX images are released.
 
What do you mean?
Restoring settings stopped samba working according to your earlier posts.
It may be ok to restore settings now, but I'm not convinced it won't fail again.
I did a clean install a few weeks ago, have never changed samba default settings, and it has become progressively more difficult to get working after flashing new releases of VIX.
 
Restoring settings stopped samba working according to your earlier posts.
It may be ok to restore settings now, but I'm not convinced it won't fail again.
I did a clean install a few weeks ago, have never changed samba default settings, and it has become progressively more difficult to get working after flashing new releases of VIX.

hmm
Well lets see how it goes.
 
Updated from 4.1.009 to 4.1.010 this afternoon.

Now I couldn't get Samba to start, it just rebooted after the install and then said it needed installing, over and over again.

Now some clues.
The usb wireless adapter driver (RTL8192CU) has recently been added to the image, so I don't need an Ethernet cable connected when I do a couch flash.
However, the settings restore, via the wizard, doesn't do a plugin restore as there's no internet connection at that point.
The settings restore works ok and a wireless connection is enabled.
But Samba won't intall.
If I couch flash with a wired Ethernet connection, then settings and plugins are restored and Samba is working.
So it looks, to me, like the settings restore of /etc/samba might be preventing the subsequent installing of Samba?
 
I suppose that after the first settings restore reboot had activated the wireless network, I could have done another settings restore and got the plugin (Samba) installed that way??
 
I suppose that after the first settings restore reboot had activated the wireless network, I could have done another settings restore and got the plugin (Samba) installed that way??

So how should i backup my settings in a way where it will restore with samba working?
 
One possibility is to remove the Samba Service before doing a settings backup.

I haven't tried it yet but may have some time later in the day.

When you restore settings, do you restore plugins as well?
 
One possibility is to remove the Samba Service before doing a settings backup.

I haven't tried it yet but may have some time later in the day.

When you restore settings, do you restore plugins as well?

I normally do yh.
 
One possibility is to remove the Samba Service before doing a settings backup.

That doesn't work, Samba still refuses to install after a couch flash and settings restore.

So......

If you have a working Samba setup, take a settings backup and then couch flash the latest release of VIX.

If you have a wired Ethernet connection, the wizard will ask to do a setting and plugins restore. Answer yes and Samba will be up and running after the reboot.

If, like me, you have a wireless Ethernet connection, the plugins won't be restored during the settings restore.
After the reboot, an internet connection will have been established, so go into backupmanager and repeat the settings restore and say yes to plugins.

This works, for me, at any rate.

NB. Take an image backup of your current working system just in case.
 
That doesn't work, Samba still refuses to install after a couch flash and settings restore.

So......

If you have a working Samba setup, take a settings backup and then couch flash the latest release of VIX.

If you have a wired Ethernet connection, the wizard will ask to do a setting and plugins restore. Answer yes and Samba will be up and running after the reboot.

If, like me, you have a wireless Ethernet connection, the plugins won't be restored during the settings restore.
After the reboot, an internet connection will have been established, so go into backupmanager and repeat the settings restore and say yes to plugins.

This works, for me, at any rate.

NB. Take an image backup of your current working system just in case.



Thanks very much for that ccs. helpful
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top