Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] How to make box viewable in Windows

lincsat

ViX Beta Tester
Joined
May 3, 2011
Messages
871
Reaction score
19
Points
18
Has anyone successfully got a box with Hades to appear on a Windows network?

I've tried using the smb.conf from both Blackhole and OpenPLi that do appear on the network. I do have both Samba and NFS active & running on the box
 
yup, no probs.
samba should be enabled by default

are you running the latest build of hades as samba was changed not so long ago.
 
Yes, Hades build 012. Samba is running. I have tried the default config and one that works on Blackhole but cannot see the box on the Windows network. I have even tried installing the version of samba used on Blackhole, all without success.
 
hmmmm not sure.
its deffo working fine here, with default config:-
Untitled.webp

the workgroup is set to workgroup? thats the only thing i can think of atm as to why it wont work.
 
thats a little bit different

samba is so you can mount the box to your PC and easily browse the box that way.
 
I can FTP OK, just don't see it on the Windows network. My workgroup is called MSHOME and I have tried a config with that name. As mentioned, BH does work and I've tried the config off that. It's not a biggy, just trying to make it wife friendly.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top