Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

How to Setup Inadyn ViX

Yeah I know - thats why I have been looking at all the elements of the setup (router, etc) Im not sure what that error message is all about really. It would be interesting to know what his log file is reading.

Like I said, it seems to activate in the menu, so that is what I thought was a little strange.
 
Must point out its working now - same error as before, however seems to be connected.
 
For info DYDNS is no longer free. You have to take out a trial of DYNDNS pro and after the trial you get to keep 1 DYDNS host. So technically it is free but you have to hand over your credit card details for the trial. However another solution is at hand
Code:
https://www.dlinkddns.com/login
it uses the same back end as Dydns so no compatibility issues and its free. thought I would pass on the info.

If you do have an accout with DYDNS you will need to delete that account before creating an account with dlinkdns as it thinks the username is already taken.
 
Last edited:
For info DYDNS is no longer free. You have to take out a trial of DYNDNS pro and after the trial you get to keep 1 DYDNS host. So technically it is free but you have to hand over your credit card details for the trial. However another solution is at hand
Code:
www.www.dlinkddns.com
it uses the same back end as Dydns so no compatibility issues and its free. thought I would pass on the info.

If you do have an accout with DYDNS you will need to delete that account before creating an account with dlinkdns as it thinks the username is already taken.
 
I have a freedns.afraid.org account.
Have edited the /etc/inadyn.conf as follows :
Code:
# Check for a new IP every 54000 seconds (24 hours)
update_period_sec 54000

# Enter your DynDNS.com username and password here
username [B]my-userid[/B]
password [B]my-password[/B]

# What kind of host is being updated? Choices are [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
dyndns_system [email protected]

# The hosts you want to update (uncomment the lines below)
alias [B]my-alias.mooo.com[/B],[B]my-hash-code[/B]
#alias another-dynamic-host.homeip.net

The UI seems to parse the file correctly and shows all the fields populated correctly. However, I don't see anything in the logs. I tried stopping and restarting the service but still nothing. Is there a way to test if the IP address is updated correctly (besides of course, trying to reboot the modem in an attempt to get a fresh IP)
 
Ok..just observed that it does not recognize [email protected] as "System". I mean it shows it from the file but when I go to Menu, the System value cannot be edited. It can only be picked up from select set of values dyndns, no-ip etc but no freedns

Any ideas?
 
dear friend,
i'm following your discussion about watching dreambox tv channels in iphone4 outside home.

i'm trying to set my router (tp-link) but i cant find default gateway page (it is not that i have a very good knowledge of the field). Maybe it is under another name?
i would really appreciate any of your suggestion.

thanks.
 
For info DYDNS is no longer free. You have to take out a trial of DYNDNS pro and after the trial you get to keep 1 DYDNS host. So technically it is free but you have to hand over your credit card details for the trial. However another solution is at hand
Code:
www.www.dlinkddns.com
it uses the same back end as Dydns so no compatibility issues and its free. thought I would pass on the info.

If you do have an accout with DYDNS you will need to delete that account before creating an account with dlinkdns as it thinks the username is already taken.


I was going to say the same thing but you already picked up on it. DynDns was free for years and I can remember using it back in day on the like of emule etc for a remote login.

Im going to try this dlink dns now and see how I get on it.

Surely everyone on here is not really paying $30 a year for a dyndns account when their are free alternatives?
 
No i have a free accounts and even one of them i get 2 free dyndns and on the others just the 1 free dyndns


When was this though? According to there website now they dont do anymore free accounts?
 
My Dyndns account is the pro version.

Those accounts are nsXXXX.dns.dyn.com 123.456.789.123

Can you help me to setup inadyn please?

I put in:
user name
user password

alias as shown above .com though not .org - Do I need to change it?

Does this matter.

My log is blank. Never shows anything. even after restarting inadyn plugin.



Could you update the screen dumps to reflect the current VIX images Inadyn plugin please?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I followed the instructions but i get; checking feeds.... then just hangs with the VIX logo stuck

using solo with the VIX latest build with dlinkddns
 
its now asking to install inadyn-mt

in which i did but i cant enter the data... it comes up blank

is there a way for me to FTP the config file?
 
its now asking to install inadyn-mt

in which i did but i cant enter the data... it comes up blank

is there a way for me to FTP the config file?

I have the same problem did you figure this out?
 
Can someone help me with this please?

i have followed the instructions.

My account and account name - fine that fits in the setup on OPenvix ( latest 629)
alias - yes works
but I have an account at dns.dyn.com of the form xy1234.dns.dyn.com

I tried to enter that and it does not work.

Are you telling me I can ony use an account at dns.dyn.com?

Its a little confusing - can you help please?
 
For over 24 hours I have been trying so hard to get InaDYN working, fail fail fail.

Please assist me. I have followed the steps above.

I am on the latest build, received box 2 days ago. I think build 668.

Please can you just shed some light - :thumbsup:

I have dyndns account , i put the details in like in first post of this thread but nothing, nothing comes up on logs, I have followed instruction step by steps, have repeated steps in excess of 30 times. Nackered!

Please assist.
 
Hi I,m trying to set up my box to stream externally and i set up my Inadyn Vix as in this Tutorial which was all going well,but when i go to my "show logs" theres nothing showing here.Everything esle seems to be set up.Im using my airport extreme router and not sure if I've set that up correctly.Could this be my issue?Im still very new to all this any help would be grateful?:)
 
Hi I have the same problem that RichX have the uiltima version of openVix the 739, configure Inadyn ok but nothing I do not work if someone throws me a hand
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top