Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

How to Setup Inadyn ViX

the point was that we have many beta testers with this receiver who are more than willing to risk damaging their receivers testing this process rather than you, your self risking yours. but as long as you understand the risks involved the ultimate decision is yours. were always willing to help as and when we can.

thank you for your comments and thank you for the concern that I might damage my own receiver. I understand the risks involved in it by trying this process. It might take longer than expected, however I too have more one et 9k, so if I succeed, I'll let you pheonix and sicilian know about the processes. Once again, thank you for your comments
 
I'm having trouble getting this running correctly for me :(
Inadyn is set up correctly and the log shows a successful connection, yet when i go to in xxxxxx.dyndns.tv in my browser i get to my router log in page.
I have changed my Vu+ default port back to 80(same as router) all with no joy....
Any ideas?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
F u followed the steps exactly then it should work as i do it countless times lol but start from the beginnin, uve created a dyndns account and set it up in Inadyn and its successfully connected.
What router do you have? Have u forwarded your http port in your router to the right IP Address of the box? If your trying it via 3g you need to put the port number at the end too, so http://xxxx.dyndns.tv:80
 
F u followed the steps exactly then it should work as i do it countless times lol but start from the beginnin, uve created a dyndns account and set it up in Inadyn and its successfully connected.
What router do you have? Have u forwarded your http port in your router to the right IP Address of the box? If your trying it via 3g you need to put the port number at the end too, so http://xxxx.dyndns.tv:80

I'm using a POS Netopia 2247 router, I have the port forwarded correctly(I even reverted to port 80 on the Vu to match the default Http port on the router)
This modem doesn't have a virtual server menu, but I can pass through the IP so i have it set for the Vu to share the public IP and still no joy....
I just get to my router, rather than the Vu......
I think its a router issue rather than a set up problem tho....
 
well the dydnds is obiously routing to your ip as it gets to your routers ip. go to menu/plugins/web interface and change the HTTP Port from 00080 to 00123 and then do the same in your rouuter too, forward port 123 to your box ip 192.168.x.x and then try again to access it via 3g by going to http://xxxx.dyndns.tv:123
 
Hi punisher I still haven't got this running done all steps as you explained but to no avail I have got a dyndns should it be set to my network ip address or my local 192.168.0.x?? And how do I know it's setup correctly

Need help please sir
 
you will know its setup when you see the last screenshot in the tutorial saying IP Address update successful. if you login to your dyndns account on their website, and look at your host, it should point to your WAN IP address and not the 192.168 one .... make sure once you have set it up, you stop it and then start it otherwise it wont use your new settings
 
Done all the above and get a forebideen error in the web browser... What it mean??
 
Thanks for this. Do you know if it work with FreeDNS.afraid.org domains?
 
hi punisher ive followed your instrcutions as to setting up the Inadyn ViX all good , ive logged into teh dyndns website and is hows my host and ip address , not how do i get into my virual router section, im using bthomehub and cant find it anywhere , also once ive done this exactly hoe can i stream my vu+duo to my android phone or laptop when im away on business - sorry to sound thick thanks in advance

squig007
 
i have chnaged the port number in webinterface in the vu+duo and i think i have found in the bthomehub where to add the roter details etc but im not sure it says this :


A game or application is made up of one or more TCP/UDP port ranges. Each incoming port range can be translated into a different internal (home network) port range. Port ranges can be statically assigned to devices or dynamically assigned using an outgoing trigger

protocol - tcp or udp
port range ?
translate to ?
trigger protocol tcp or udp
trigger port ?
have i found the correct part of my router ?

squig007
 
Im not sure the bt homehub allows access to ur network externally. I tried on my bros bthomehub and it wouldnt let me. I read a few posts on forums saying the same thing. Im not sure whether its me doin suma unless someone knows something i dont lol
 
got these instructiosn from the internet that work but im not sure what i do to access my vu duo :


Ok this is not simple but it works. I am using the Iphone, Windows 7 and the latest BT Home Hub 2 (the black one with the telephone attached) but I assume that it applies to all handsets/computers. Here's what to do.



1. You will need to put a VNC (RealVNC; Tight VNC etc) programme on your computer. I use RealVNC but this costs money and I think Tight VNC is just the same. Hope so!

2. Now Google DynDNS and get a free DNS Host. I am using Hobby-Site.org but I'm sure they're all similar. The site will guide you through the setup.

3. Once you have these programmes on your computer you can now start on the Home Hub.

4. I have an ordinary account so no special contract is needed.

5. Open the web browser and on the top search bar type in http://192.168.1.254/ This will access the Hub.

6. Go to Settings. It will prompt for a password. Enter yours and then go to Advanced Settings. Click on the Application Sharing option.

7. Select the "Select Game or Applicaton" option and find VNC and click on it.

8. Now, in the "Device" option select the computer you wish to access. Do not select any other device that may be connected to the network such as "My I Phone" etc. This is a common error.

9. Apply the changes.

10. On the Iphone get VNC lite free from the App Store. Can't help for users of other devices.

11. On the Iphone launch VNC and go to the Menu Option to set up the connection. In the VNC Server IP address put your remote DNS host name; it will be something like jobloggs.hobby-site.org

12. VNC Server Port will be 5900

13. VNC Password speaks for itself.

14. Now try to connect.



If you have set it up properly you should now have your computer screen on the IPhone and connected externally through the Internet not locally.



The internal network local connection should not be a problem. You need only VNC on the computer and Iphone and, just on the Iphone side, need to type in the local IP address of the computer you wish to access (eg 192.156.2.60) and password to connect.



Hope this helps.



StevieP
 
Stupid question I'm sure. Is there the option of free accounts on the dyndns site? Just looking and I can't see anything for a free account.

Also can I set up a static ip on the box and just access it remotely via that? Do you have to use that dreambox app or do free alternatives exist?
 
My account on
Code:
www.dyndns.com
has always been free. My router supports dynamic dns, and also does port forwarding and translation.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top