Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] How to setup transcoding?

  • Thread starter Thread starter beartender
  • Start date Start date
B

beartender

Guest
Hello,

I'm new user of VIX. I'm searching where I can configure transcoding to stream live TV to my Ipad on the LAN?
I think I opened all possible menus on the box but no trace of transcoding options.

Thank you for your help. Season's greetings.

Laurent
 
The original VU Duo doesn't support transcoding. Are you sure this is the box you're using?
If you open WebIF, do you see both a streaming & transcoding icon?
 
Thank you for the answer. Yes I'm sure it is a VU+ duo. There is only a "stream" icon in Openwebif.
So I guess there is no transcoding possible with this box/image?
Streaming works fine to my android phone but impossible to my Ipad (without transcoding?)
 
As said the Original Duo does not have the ability or power to transcode, only a very few high end receivers have this ability.
 
Thank you for your help. It's clear.

Is there an application that can play the normal stream on Ipad1 like it does on my Android phone with ?
 
Do a search on itunes for Vu+ and see what it finds.
 
OK I have installed VU+Player app and it streams SD channels. The other app VU+PlayerHD requires transcoding to strem HD channels ... Half a solution then.

I also checked Openwebif on Safari but it doesn't allow any streaming.
 
OK I have installed VU+Player app and it streams SD channels. The other app VU+PlayerHD requires transcoding to strem HD channels ... Half a solution then.

I also checked Openwebif on Safari but it doesn't allow any streaming.

Why do you want HD with an iPad 1? Its screen resolution isn't enough to display true HD so you only need the sd versions.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top