Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] how to stream TV channels via DLNA to Windows Media Play

  • Thread starter Thread starter keratos
  • Start date Start date
K

keratos

Guest
What is the best way of streaming TV channels to Windows Media Player and a link or explanation of how-to would be nice.
 
From your PC just log in to your decoder from a web browser using your LAN IP address for the box. The web interface of the box is pretty cool and you can do pretty much everything from there. To stream channels, all you need is to open the channel list and click on the TV icon on the respective channel.
 
It's in the tithe but sorry... I specifically wanted DLNA not web http streaming

Minidlna doesn't pick up and stream tuners

Mediatomb doesn't seem to be accessible on the port (a common vix issue according to these forums)
 
DLNA-Server?
I do not see this in feeds. What is the name of the XML file for feeds - and what is the feed name for this DNLA-Server from - I will check.

Have you actually tried this - are you able to stream TV tuners via DLNA are are you just asking me to try it ?
 
I never use DNLA. But on testing (some time ago) I found the mini version to be not working, while the server did.
So it was my suggestion to you to use the DNLA-server (I checked: it is actually on the feeds) to see if that fixes your problem.
 
sorry for butting in, just wanted to know if you can the same thing on my smartphone? when i try it says cannot open file.
 
Last edited:
I never use DNLA. But on testing (some time ago) I found the mini version to be not working, while the server did.
So it was my suggestion to you to use the DNLA-server (I checked: it is actually on the feeds) to see if that fixes your problem.

acknowledge what you say, but you have not actually answered the question with respect; I asked
1. What is the feed source name
2. Where is the XML file that contains the feed source (so I can check)
I asked this because unlike you, I do not see "DLNA server" or similar in my feed. Only minidlna.

I also asked whether you have actually tried it and found it to work.? Again, this wasnt answered although my impression is that you have not tried this as your response includes a "suggestion to see if it works".

It is certainly one idea, to try 100s of extensions including this one, to "see if it works" . This is one way, okay for some, a way to learn, and not too bad provided you dont have three kids who demand TV working all the time and so "trial and error" involving TV "downtime" is not my preferred approach. I'd prefer to be more efficient and intelligent , this is why I have requested a working configuration. I may try your suggestion (THANKS!) but first I will continue to seek out a working configuration as this is my preferred approach.
 
Sorry, i wanted to know how you stream to an android phone? that's if you can? i have the stream working fine on my laptop.
 
Last edited:
acknowledge what you say, but you have not actually answered the question with respect; I asked
1. What is the feed source name
2. Where is the XML file that contains the feed source (so I can check)
I asked this because unlike you, I do not see "DLNA server" or similar in my feed. Only minidlna.
I have no idea what you're asking.
 
acknowledge what you say, but you have not actually answered the question with respect; I asked
1. What is the feed source name
2. Where is the XML file that contains the feed source (so I can check)
I asked this because unlike you, I do not see "DLNA server" or similar in my feed. Only minidlna.

I also asked whether you have actually tried it and found it to work.? Again, this wasnt answered although my impression is that you have not tried this as your response includes a "suggestion to see if it works".

It is certainly one idea, to try 100s of extensions including this one, to "see if it works" . This is one way, okay for some, a way to learn, and not too bad provided you dont have three kids who demand TV working all the time and so "trial and error" involving TV "downtime" is not my preferred approach. I'd prefer to be more efficient and intelligent , this is why I have requested a working configuration. I may try your suggestion (THANKS!) but first I will continue to seek out a working configuration as this is my preferred approach.

What image are you using? Because dlna server plugin and dlna browser plugin are both in the feeds!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
 
i think i'm getting there:) i have the app but i need a receiver profile, were do i find the dns address? also do i enable transcoding? not done this before so excuse my thickness.:confused:
 
Thanks for your help, all sorted now, works a treat, you learn something every day:thumbsup:
 
I have since moved to blackhole where mediatomb works flawlessly without any interaction and tv channels are streamed to UPnP clients like WMP and VLC.

Done!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top