Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] how to turn subtitles off by default

fredphoesh

New member
Joined
Sep 20, 2015
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi
Recently both my vu+ boxes have subtitles on by default and I keep having to turn it off.
In settings I have no found a setting that allows you to choose whether or not to have subtitels on by default... but i am sure it MUST be there... what am I missing?

Tx
Fred
 
Hi
I am referring to subtitles... text.
I managed to find a way to turn off the narration audio thing, but cannot find a way to disable text on BBC news/BBC 1234 etc...
Thanks,
Fred.
 
bump.... anyone?
Surely there is a way to not have subtitles on by default? It is pretty darn annoying!
Thanks...
 
They are not on by default. Are you sure you have not enabled them?

Uload your settings file. It is located in /etc/enigma2/ You will have to zip it before you can attach it.
 
They are not on by default. Are you sure you have not enabled them?

Uload your settings file. It is located in /etc/enigma2/ You will have to zip it before you can attach it.


Hi,
View attachment settings.zip

I have attached the zip file of my settings. I have looked through SETTINGS>SUBTITLES about 10 times, and there is no setting to turn subtitles on or off.
See here20151231_101802.webp20151231_101834.webp
On the remote, I have to press the subtitles button to then de-activate the subtitles every time. BTW this issue is on my Solo2 only, not my Zero box!
I wonder if my Sony "smart" TV is doing something to the VU box?
 
These are my settings, Never changed anything in there, I think. Can you change to them and see what happens.
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 47
These are my settings, Never changed anything in there, I think. Can you change to them and see what happens.

Hi
I've changed it to match your settings, and I will have to see over a few days... for example after powering off and back on... some subs were still showing, but I turned them off using the remote, but then it would be off for that channel and on for another... so I turned them all off and will see if they stay off. I will report back!
Speak soon, and happy 2016 guys.
 
Dang, I have this problem again... I cannot find a way to have subtitles OFF by default. Help much appreciated!

Hi
I've changed it to match your settings, and I will have to see over a few days... for example after powering off and back on... some subs were still showing, but I turned them off using the remote, but then it would be off for that channel and on for another... so I turned them all off and will see if they stay off. I will report back!
Speak soon, and happy 2016 guys.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top