Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] I have lost my settings.... again!

  • Thread starter Thread starter paulquayle
  • Start date Start date
P

paulquayle

Guest
Does anyone know why I should lose all the settings in VIX after rebooting my Duo? All I get is a blue screen that wont do anything! One good thing is that i am well practiced in setting it up :) Have I missed something people? I have to re flash the Duo in order to get anything to work...:D
 
I can only suggest to flash the box with the latest image available. A debuglog might be of help to look into any issue.
 
I'm having the same issue with my duo. Every day the box locks up and when rebooted I get the blue boot screen with the vix spinning intermittently but never fully booting. The only way is to reflash and setup which takes about 10mins now I have plenty of practice. Seems like the flash gets corrupted or the config gets lost. Does the flash have a battery backup? Maybe battery needs replacing or could it be the flash memory has a fault?
 
Enable debug logs, menu -> setup -> system -> logs -> settings
Also, have them saved to USB so the next time this happens & you flash the box, you don't loose them.
Then upload the logs here.
 
There can be all sorts of reasons for such a behaviour (debuglogs may indeed provide a clue) but a battery is not amongst them. Flash doesn't need power to maintain it's contents (neither do your USB-sticks).

One of the possible causes is a corrupted timerlist. Deleting it and making a new one might be the solution.

BTW: If you want to delete it first stop E2 (telnet 'init 4') then remove the file (and the autotimer list as well) from etc/enigma2 then restart enigma (telnet 'init 3').
You can do all this while the spinners are showing.
 
same problem for last two days, i have had to reflash the Duo as its stuck on intermittent vix spinning. I set up logs and hopefully someone can tell me from this file which was created when I rebooted the box whats going wrong.
 

Attachments

same problem for last two days, i have had to reflash the Duo as its stuck on intermittent vix spinning. I set up logs and hopefully someone can tell me from this file which was created when I rebooted the box whats going wrong.
Your box suffers from a crash: the reason isn't clear to me. As the log is very short I can't say very much, but it looks like a so called 'crashloop'.
I can only suggest to reflash your box with build 600 and not to restore any settings or plugins.
 
Updated box to version 600 and the problem has gone, nice and stable again. Thanks for the advice.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top