Joe_90
Moderator
Use the built-in list of satellites in the ViX image. That's what I was getting at
. Assuming you have set up the motor in your tuner config as a positioner and have your coordinates input correctly, then you just select a satellite from the list and perform a scan on it. Obviously, you need to pick satellites that can be received from your location - eg from about 56/60E to about 30W. I was wondering where you finally placed the dish and how far east and west you can receive.
ViX guide here from Rob here - http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/***Guides and Tutorials***/VIX Manual Vs 1.1.pdf section 3.3.1.2 would be appropriate for your needs.
@abu - apologies, I know that this is in the ABM forum, but I was one of the responders when the OP was initially deciding on a motorised dish location, so I sort of knew that he was looking for sats beyond those covered by ABM.
ViX guide here from Rob here - http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/***Guides and Tutorials***/VIX Manual Vs 1.1.pdf section 3.3.1.2 would be appropriate for your needs.
@abu - apologies, I know that this is in the ABM forum, but I was one of the responders when the OP was initially deciding on a motorised dish location, so I sort of knew that he was looking for sats beyond those covered by ABM.
Last edited: