Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Image help pls

  • Thread starter Thread starter heidthebaw
  • Start date Start date
H

heidthebaw

Guest
Hi,

have a VU+ Duo and having a nightmare setting it up. I'm currently on vix 1.2 which is sthe only one that I can get my hard drive to work with. If I either upgrade throught the box or flash the new image it loses the hard drive. I've tried a USB hard drive and it's the same. I've tried an official image and again the same.

Also the box is missing loads of channels. I udpated to the latest channel list and missing 5HD, Dave etc which we would actually watch.

I've wipred and reinstaleld and same. I've tried scanning for channels and same.

Can anyone suggest anything please? I'm a n00b but am reasonable techncally minded, but please don't assume I knwo anythign or have done everythign as it may be something I am missing.
 
Missing Hard drive:

Install VIX 2.3 and reformat the HDD with the build-in utility.
This will of course erase everything on the HDD, so you may want to make a safety copy before you reformat.

Missing channels:
Re-adjust your dish. Check all your connections.

I am running VIX2.3 now on my VU+ duo and have a 1.5TB Samsung Spinpoint HDD.

Willy
 
Thanks Willy.
Got the channels sorted, not really sure how as have been doing everything to get this working. Now on 2.3, but can't find install IPK option? There is an install local extensions, which appears to be the same but it can't see the IPK file (it's in tmp folder)
Also the cccam.cfg file not being recognised (it's in the etc folder)
Also, not sure how to format the hard drive as device manage is not listed in Vix.
Any ideas?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Willy.
Got the channels sorted, not really sure how as have been doing everything to get this working. Now on 2.3, but can't find install IPK option? There is an install local extensions, which appears to be the same but it can't see the IPK file (it's in tmp folder)
Also the cccam.cfg file not being recognised (it's in the etc folder)
Also, not sure how to format the hard drive as device manage is not listed in Vix.
Any ideas?

blue button / vix / install local extension is the IPK installer.
 
Format HDD:

Menu - Settings - System - HDD

Willy
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top