Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Venton Unibox HDx] New venton hd2 with box image help

  • Thread starter Thread starter reeves1985
  • Start date Start date
You could try using googles DNS settings on the receiver or your router to see if that makes a difference ( its what I always use.)

Settings as below.
8.8.8.8
8.8.4.4


Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
You could try using googles DNS settings on the receiver or your router to see if that makes a difference ( its what I always use.)

Settings as below.
8.8.8.8
8.8.4.4


Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Just to elaborate a little more.

Menu> setup> system> network> device setup> adapter settings> blue button ( edit DNS )
name server 1. 8.8.8.8
name server 2. 8.8.4.4

green button to save.
green button to save again.
 
I would appreciate it if you could test at least then ill have more of an idea if its at my end or not

I would assume though if it was a problem at my end all of the players would have problems which is strange as all the others work great
 
Just to elaborate a little more.

Menu> setup> system> network> device setup> adapter settings> blue button ( edit DNS )
name server 1. 8.8.8.8
name server 2. 8.8.4.4

green button to save.
green button to save again.

I will give it a go I have nothing to lose
I will try the box first and then try the virgin media superhub if it still sows by work
 
Just to elaborate a little more.

Menu> setup> system> network> device setup> adapter settings> blue button ( edit DNS )
name server 1. 8.8.8.8
name server 2. 8.8.4.4

green button to save.
green button to save again.

I dont have a venton on which to test, but the 7 other receivers i have tested with work perfectly. I honestly do not for one second believe this is a receiver specific issue.
 
I dont have a venton on which to test, but the 7 other receivers i have tested with work perfectly. I honestly do not for one second believe this is a receiver specific issue.

I agree with you it is a strange issue

Just don't understand why all the other players work fine apart from itv yet 2 program's from itv player that I found on 3player worked fine on that player

Very odd issue to say the least
 
well for me those shows on the 3player dont work at all but thats because there geo locked to Ireland and i'm in England. where are you located ?.
 
im located in England

which makes this even more strange as if they are geo locked it implies that something is wrong as im most definitely not in Ireland!!

just tried those settings and it is still the same
 
also I have just gone to the itv player on my laptop and it asked to locate my location automatically, which it did and then it allowed me to play a program

so I assume by that it means my superhub is giving the correct location
 
Just done a ip lookup it correctly shows me located in uk

image.webp

I have looked a little further
I can also access rte player as well which I shouldn't be able to as I am in the uk

I cannot access the abc player or uitzending gemist plugin which are also geo tagged
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, tested Corrie on build 683, all fine. Played timed 5mins, then I stopped.

Tested Emmerdale on build 692, 1st time it played, then stopped after a sometime, nut sure exactly how long. So played again after approx 7mins it stopped.

Tested Emmerdale on Duo2, different broadband feed, again same as above.

So imo its an issue with the plugins ITV Player.
 
Thanks for testing
Maybe a problem with itv end but as it is all shows on the player I don't know

Corrie stops for me after a few minutes also (not sure how long exactly) but it played longer than emmerdale

Also strange as above is I can access the Irish players which I shouldn't be able to
 
You should be able to get the FTA content via the irish channels but its severely limited to every one outside ireland.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
I don't know what an earth is going on with it as I can view every program on Irish players

So not sure and my bband is with Virginia I have checked an I have a UK ip no proxies running or anything
 
At least now I know it is not just me

You don't happen to know the reason do you

The ps3 and web versions work fine
 
No idea, one thing you need to remember its a 3rd party plugin developed by enthusiasts free of charge. PS3, web versions etc... are certified for on demand.
 
Yes I understand that and fully appreciate devs using their own time to develop something that in the case of the on demand plugin looks sweet and very streamlined and profession free of charge

As I myself would have no clue where to start for that my hat goes off to them

Was just trying to understand if it was something on my end causing a problem
 
A quick update I tried the standalone itv player version and again had the same problem

But tried itv player on my dn800se and it worked fine

This is on the same network with the same version of itv player
 
The standalone or so called DeViXed versions are not the same as the one included in the OnDemand plugin, those versions are often older versions patched to run on other images.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top