Orlandox
ViX Beta Tester
With the working version of plugin.py --> [ePicLoad] decode picture... /tmp/poster.jpg
View attachment plugin.rar
View attachment plugin.rar

I had the IMDB extension working on my VU+ Solo2 on OPenVIX V 5.4.014 after downloading the Downloader.py and plugin.py about a month ago, but over the last couple of days I'm getting the error IMDB Download Failed: 308 Permanent Redirect, anyone any ideas? Thanks in advacne.
Its being looked at………..
https://github.com/OpenPLi/enigma2-plugins/pull/723/files
but this is the one that interests us......There's a fix in PLi...
Code:https://github.com/OpenPLi/enigma2-plugins/pull/723/files
How can I install the new working plugin on my 5.4 image? I tried to copy the plugin.py from Githib into the IMBD folder, but the plugin crashes if I press the red button.
I used this source (git): https://github.com/opendreambox/enigma2-plugins/blob/master/imdb/src/plugin.py
I made a new file locally and copy paste the content and saved. Then via Filezilla transferred the file to the IMDB plugin folder. Rebooted the box and if I press the red button (openVIX) the box crashes. With the original file it works with the error "Permanent Redirect".
https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/commit/920a1ed35b81d5feb3bf72487561e69ad57c1898

What you need to go is visit the url given above by ccs, you will see a box with code, on the top of box, on the grey bar you will see 3 dots, click on them, after on View File, on the new window, you will see Raw, click on it, now your browser will change to a page with the code, right click on the page, select Save As, the file will download, now find the downloaded file and rename from plugin.py.txt to plugin.py removing the .txt , now the plugin.py file is what you need to upload to "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/IMDb"
The above plugin worked for me, Thanks

I have now done just that. When I saved the file to my harddisk the extension was already .py, not .txt. The receiver now finds the movie, but when I push the yellow button for details I still get the 308 Permanent Redirect error.
You now need to reboot your box. On reboot the box will compile the .py file to a .pyo file (over writting the previous .pyo file). Once working go back in and delete the .py file (leave the .pyo file alone).
Thanks. Now it works.