Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo4K] IMDb Search hangs box

LbCwby

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2014
Messages
116
Reaction score
2
Points
18
Location
Ireland, Dromiskin
Hi,
Sending this as a question, as I think this is happening as a result of (another) change within the IMDb-pages itself, so the plugin fails to get the right info back, and just wanted to mention it, so maybe with a next build it can be taken into account.

I use IMDb-search probably 15-20 times a day, and up until yesterday around 22:30 hr it worked flawlessly.
After that I searched something, got the overview page to choose from (as happens with multiple entries), and after clicking on the one I wanted to look at ... got the spinner. And it spun, and spun, and spun, and then I noticed the box was not responding to my "exit" button presses. Had to switch the box OFF and ON with the button at the back of the box.

After the restart I tried IMDb again for a different program, and the same happened.
I tried some 6- 8 times more - then downloaded the 6.2.008 file (I was on that, but as result of a normal update) - flashed that one - did the settings restore - the same happened.

So, now I'm letting you know, and hope the person that maintains the IMDb-plugin is able to find out what IMDb have done now, and is able to remedy it.
And yes, I am fully aware this is holiday time, so there might be a delay before this is solved.

Thanks a lot, also to all other people who are making VIX such a great platform.

Hans
 
I'm using 6.2.009.005 Developer and can't confirm the problem, so, maybe it is already fixed.
 
Hello,

Mine (6.2.009.006) is getting stuck at downloading the movie poster. Only loooong power button works.
It shows 'Downloading movie poster: https://m.media-...'
 
Last edited:
Hello, I can confirm that with the fixed plugin.py of IMDb plugin, everything is working abgain. Thank you !
 
I think a similar problem with IMDb returned. All I get now "No IMDb match".
 
Yes, they keep making changes. Should be solved soon.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top