Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] initially no sound after reboot

  • Thread starter Thread starter yana
  • Start date Start date
Y

yana

Guest
Hi all,

On zeus 16 currently. Noticed that after reboot or deep standby the picture is there but no sound. Zapping to some other channels pictures changes accordingly but still no sound. Switching to bbc 2 scotland sd sound working again including previous channels were sound wasn't working. Volume button on nearly max. Any ideas?
Many thanks for looking into this
 
This is a known driver issue for all VU hardware.
This bug exists since day 1 of the DUO, but with the current drivers it seems to be triggered more often. There are many reports about this on all forums and VU has been notified. All we can do is await their fix.
 
Hi Rob,

Many thanks for answer. Sorry hadn't seen previous posts did check though maybe wrong search tags!
 
Vu have released some new drivers today to the Solo2 and Duo2 which

Code:
Update drivers
20140403
- Fix audio problem(duo2, solo2)

You could give them a try to see if they resolve your issue?
 
Hi,
try to change the EDID option in AV settings. I have the impression that VU now uses this information also for the audio tracks.

ciao
 
Vu have released some new drivers today to the Solo2 and Duo2 which

Code:
Update drivers
20140403
- Fix audio problem(duo2, solo2)

You could give them a try to see if they resolve your issue?

Still the same after the update
 
Hi,
try to change the EDID option in AV settings. I have the impression that VU now uses this information also for the audio tracks.

ciao

Have tried this & still having the same issue, any more suggestions?
 
Hi,
try to change the EDID option in AV settings. I have the impression that VU now uses this information also for the audio tracks.

ciao

Same problem for me, solo 2, zeus 19.

By default EDID is off, tried changing it on but still no sound on boot.

Not a major problem really as there is two ways solve this issue until vu fix the drivers.

1 = enable a sd channel on start up.
2 = quickly press the audio button and change to mpeg then back to ac3 (if you, like me prefer ac3)

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
 
Does this happen on an E2 restart aswell as a full reboot?
What channels have you noticed it happening on?
HD only or SD too?

On previous drivers, I had this issue only on an E2 restart (with all 28.2E HD channels), with 2014-04-03 drivers on the Solo2, it's happening here on a full reboot aswell as E2 restart.

The more details you can add, the more VU might notice the issue...
 
Does this happen on an E2 restart aswell as a full reboot?
What channels have you noticed it happening on?
HD only or SD too?

On previous drivers, I had this issue only on an E2 restart (with all 28.2E HD channels), with 2014-04-03 drivers on the Solo2, it's happening here on a full reboot aswell as E2 restart.

The more details you can add, the more VU might notice the issue...

I'm using 2014-04-03 drivers on solo 2, this is happening on all HD channels, on both reboot and E2 start.

I fix this by setting channel 5 sd to start up service...

I use to have to press the audio button and select mpeg to fix.
(until I noticed that it just happens on HD channels)

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
 
Yes, startup to an SD channel has no problems here, only HD channels.
Pre 2014-04-03 drivers, I only had this issue on E2 restart to HD channel, not full reboot to HD channel.
With 2014-04-03 drivers, I have the issue on both E2 restart & full reboot.

With the drivers included in ViX 808, never had this issue, but some others did...
 
I was also having the same problem, no sound on boot up or enigma restart,
i changed the 3D Surround to HDMI and that fixed the problem.
I'm on the latest ViX image 020.
 
Hi

upgraded my solo2 to build 20 on reboot i didnt get any audio on sky news channel did the zap to sd channel which gave back the audio however the audio sound bad breaking up checked both HD and SD channels with the same result in the end i had to revert to build 19 to get audio working right again seems drivers may not be doing what they should to resolve the problem.
 
I was also having the same problem, no sound on boot up or enigma restart,
i changed the 3D Surround to HDMI and that fixed the problem.
I'm on the latest ViX image 020.

I have tried this & so far it seems to work on my Vu Solo2 Vix Zeus 021, thanks for the info mate:thumbsup:
 
I was also having the same problem, no sound on boot up or enigma restart,
i changed the 3D Surround to HDMI and that fixed the problem.
I'm on the latest ViX image 020.
Many thanks this solution solved mine box too!!
 
Thanks Maggiesfan

I was also having the same problem, no sound on boot up or enigma restart,
i changed the 3D Surround to HDMI and that fixed the problem.
I'm on the latest ViX image 020.

Yes - thanks Maggies Fan - sorted it for me as well! Howay the lads!
 
I was also having the same problem, no sound on boot up or enigma restart,
i changed the 3D Surround to HDMI and that fixed the problem.
I'm on the latest ViX image 020.
fixed my problem as well. this should be made the default setting.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top