Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno4K] IPTV EPG (5002) In channel selection screen

It's from my ViX 5.2 home-build. You can't install it even for mipsel box with ViX 5.1. Sorry for posting it. But it works.
You have to wait for ViX update.
That would explain it. Thanks

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk
 
I've just updated to the 5.1.014 release and the issue is still there. Did the update fix it for anyone?
 
I've just updated to the 5.1.014 release and the issue is still there. Did the update fix it for anyone?

Im not sure if the fix got into 5.1.014. Mines still the same.
 
Last edited:
Ok ill try a reflash rather than online update would you think that would effect it?

No idea ( I never use the software update), but if you clean flash then it will verify the fix ... or not.
 
I personally never do online update as I remember Scillian mentioned once that drivers have changed so a re-flash is needed. This obviously implies that not all files can be updated during an online update. I just re-flash with setting restore (in most cases).

I've submitted a suggestion here to hopefully further improve this by allowing IPTV streams (those mentioned in custommix) to use any service type (ie gstreamer, etc) and not just default option as is case now.
 
I have a related request - can you remove the filter that prevents recording of 5002 streams?
 
I have a related request - can you remove the filter that prevents recording of 5002 streams?

I dont think there is a single file for recording on different service types, If you try to do a recording from Graphical EPG we now get a sanity timer error

Vix Record 5002.webp

If I try to record via info bar I get Could not record due to invalid service.

infobar Recording.webp

I think it maybe a case of someone going through varies files to find reference to :1 and try to add other service types.

So far I think RecordTimer.py is one of the files but I could be wrong https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/95480d3460a8b9ac66fb764b01bb6d4381100130/RecordTimer.py#L153

The last major change for IPTV recording was in 2015 https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/c59bfcc1fa72dc56c4abd7789f8bef0b2bf30fc8 im not sure if that would help would help with what files may need changing.
 
I dont think there is a single file for recording on different service types, If you try to do a recording from Graphical EPG we now get a sanity timer error

View attachment 56155

If I try to record via info bar I get Could not record due to invalid service.

View attachment 56156

I think it maybe a case of someone going through varies files to find reference to :1 and try to add other service types.

So far I think RecordTimer.py is one of the files but I could be wrong https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/95480d3460a8b9ac66fb764b01bb6d4381100130/RecordTimer.py#L153

The last major change for IPTV recording was in 2015 https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/c59bfcc1fa72dc56c4abd7789f8bef0b2bf30fc8 im not sure if that would help would help with what files may need changing.

Have you tried using a different skin mate? Try one of Kiddacs skins like the Onyx one I am currently using and see if this makes any difference?
 
Have you tried using a different skin mate? Try one of Kiddacs skins like the Onyx one I am currently using and see if this makes any difference?

It's not the skin, I use KiddaC Vskin but also tested on default skin.

It's the service type's. If you check the above service reference 4097 can record but not others like 5002 or 5001.
 
I have a related request - can you remove the filter that prevents recording of 5002 streams?

It's not the skin, I use KiddaC Vskin but also tested on default skin.

It's the service type's. If you check the above service reference 4097 can record but not others like 5002 or 5001.
Try amending this existing line:
Code:
return ref.flags & eServiceReference.isGroup or (ref.type == eServiceReference.idDVB or ref.type == eServiceReference.idDVB + 0x100 or ref.type == 0x2000 or ref.type == 0x1001)
to:
Code:
return ref.flags & eServiceReference.isGroup or (ref.type == eServiceReference.idDVB or ref.type == eServiceReference.idDVB + 0x100 or ref.type == 0x2000 or ref.type == 0x1001 or ref.type == 0x1389 or ref.type == 0x138A)

Obviously ensure you have made a full backup of your image beforehand and save on another location other than your box - ie computer, USB, etc to allow easy recovery back to state it was in beforehand.

This only amends one line, which I found at first glance, but there could be other lines that need amending as a consequence. You may need to look through them more than I did.

Specifically, this adds the other two service types to list of service ref's pre-defined as recordable as per the function "isRecordable". The values mentioned are in hex.

To move with the times, more support for IPTV would be appreciated otherwise their is a risk of falling behind!
 
Last edited:
Try amending this existing line:
Code:
return ref.flags & eServiceReference.isGroup or (ref.type == eServiceReference.idDVB or ref.type == eServiceReference.idDVB + 0x100 or ref.type == 0x2000 or ref.type == 0x1001)
to:
Code:
return ref.flags & eServiceReference.isGroup or (ref.type == eServiceReference.idDVB or ref.type == eServiceReference.idDVB + 0x100 or ref.type == 0x2000 or ref.type == 0x1001 or ref.type == 0x1389 or ref.type == 0x138A)

Obviously ensure you have made a full backup of your image beforehand and save on another location other than your box - ie computer, USB, etc to allow easy recovery back to state it was in beforehand.

This only amends one line, which I found at first glance, but there could be other lines that need amending as a consequence. You may need to look through them more than I did.

Specifically, this adds the other two service types to list of service ref's pre-defined as recordable as per the function "isRecordable". The values mentioned are in hex.

To move with the times, more support for IPTV would be appreciated otherwise their is a risk of falling behind!

Thanks ill try and test tomorrow, boxing today :beer_toast: and I dont want to mess about with box :)
 
OK, tried this, slightly different from what you posted

Code:
        return ref.flags & eServiceReference.isGroup or ref.type == eServiceReference.idDVB or ref.type == eServiceReference.idDVB + 256 or ref.type == 8192 or ref.type == 4097

became

Code:
        return ref.flags & eServiceReference.isGroup or ref.type == eServiceReference.idDVB or ref.type == eServiceReference.idDVB + 256 or ref.type == 8192 or ref.type == 4097 or ref.type == 5002

It tried to record but got stuck on the spinner with the following looping in the log

Code:
<200753.533> [RecordTimer] activating state 1
<200753.534> [RecordTimer] Found enough free space to record
<200753.534> [RecordTimer] Filename calculated as: '/media/hdd/movie/20180217 2145 - TSN 1 HD - NASCAR XFINITY Series'
<200753.534> [Navigation] recording service: 5002:0:1:86FB:3DB3:C52F:0:0:0:0:http%3a//providor%3a80/live/user/pass/2845.ts:TSN 1 HD
<200753.534> [eNavigation] record: -1
<200753.536> [Navigation] record returned non-zero
<200753.536> [RecordTimer] 'record service' failed
<200753.536> [RecordTimer] prepare failed
<200753.536> [RecordTimer] activating state 1
<200753.538> [RecordTimer] Found enough free space to record
<200753.538> [RecordTimer] Filename calculated as: '/media/hdd/movie/20180217 2145 - TSN 1 HD - NASCAR XFINITY Series'

I had a look in RecordTimer and found

Code:
                if not Screens.Standby.inStandby and NavigationInstance.instance.getCurrentlyPlayingServiceReference() and ('0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0' in NavigationInstance.instance.getCurrentlyPlayingServiceReference().toString() or '4097:' in NavigationInstance.instance.getCurrentlyPlayingServiceReference().toString()):

so changed that to

Code:
                if not Screens.Standby.inStandby and NavigationInstance.instance.getCurrentlyPlayingServiceReference() and ('0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0' in NavigationInstance.instance.getCurrentlyPlayingServiceReference().toString() or '4097:' in NavigationInstance.instance.getCurrentlyPlayingServiceReference().toString() or '5002:' in NavigationInstance.instance.getCurrentlyPlayingServiceReference().toString()):

But still get the same problem. I'm guessing there is something in Navigation that needs changing but I can't see anything obvious and my coding skill is very low
 
Ok, flashed to latest (v18) of vix and tried this....

Yes, it results in a spinner when trying to record from live TV (I guess from GEPG but never tried that).

However, could this also be related to exteplayer as well as something else that may have been missed?

I ask this because installed exteplayer and serviceapp and I noticed that within ServiceApp, if I choose "exteplayer3" as default player, it won't record and results in spinner as mentioned above.

This is regardless of service type (ie 4097 or 5002) used because I had mixture of 4097 and 5002 service references.

I then went back into ServiceApp and chose "original" as default player and rebooted, I could again record service type 4097 but not 5002 as this resulted in spinner.

So in my experience anyhow, if I chose "exteplayer" as default player for all streams even 4097 streams wont record so this implies that whatever has changed by using exteplayer causes all streams to result in vix spinner.

I'm going back to using default gstreamer for 4097 service types as i've found this more stable. Just waiting on ABM to hopefully be updated to easily allow this.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top