Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] is it dead??😦

  • Thread starter Thread starter spud7997
  • Start date Start date
I have formated the stick and I have downloaded, unzipped and sent the file to the USB stick.
Plugged it in the front of the receiver and switched it on.
It says starting up then after a minute or two I get the same message as in my first post!! I'm sure it's something simple but I can't figure it out!!!��������

You haven't got any other usb devices plugged in the back have you? If so remove them, format usb stick to fat32 and transfer vuplus folder on...try and flash again


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Not sure what you mean??
I have also tried downloading a hades flash thing from the openvix site and tried that but still no luck!!!
(Very nice avatar tho pal!!)
 
No mate only other things plugged in are ethernet cable,sat cable and power cable!!!
 
Besides the usb stick your using for flashing is there any more usb plugged into your machine
 
I think the best you can do is see if you can buy or borrow a smaller sized usb the smaller the better :thumbsup:
 
That's what I'm thinking I will see if I can get one tomorrow, thanks for everyone's help.
 
As in post 20, have you tried flashing using Image Manager. You do not have to unzip the file when doing so.
 
That's what I'm thinking I will see if I can get one tomorrow, thanks for everyone's help.
I had trouble flashing a. Vu Solo and tried to buy one and struggled to get one smaller than 4GBP and that would not work either borrowed a 256 and that worked first time .
 
Menu- Setup- Vix - Image Manager- press yellow - the latest image should be the top one- press green to dowload
 
Thanks but my box doesn't get anywhere close to me being able to push buttons!! It crashes and displays the message and then stops going any further.:confused:
 
You can still log in by FTP, remove any non-default skins to free up space.
When the box then starts up, you can use the image manager to flash.
 
Hi could I have a clue as to what things to delete via ftp as I can connect no problem by that.
 
Are u sure your Vu+ duo is not a clone ?.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Hi could I have a clue as to what things to delete via ftp as I can connect no problem by that.

The screenshot in your first post shows you're using a non default skin, remove that.
It will free up space & your box should then boot into the default skin, allowing you to reflash using image manager so anything else filling up your flash will also be removed.
 
Wouldn't of thought it was a clone as I brought it from world of satellites??
 
OK what file am I looking for in ftp as I just had a quick look and nothing said 'skins',
 
OK what file am I looking for in ftp as I just had a quick look and nothing said 'skins',
I don't know what FTP you use , I use Filezilla . Look for a file called SHARE open that , then you should see a file called ENIGMA2 open that and all my skins I have on my Mutant HD2400 are there. I assume that you can delete all the skins from there and just leave the default skin alone and delete all the rest. But bare this in mind I have never deleted skins this way I have always done it from my box. I hope this works for you and give you enough space to flash via Image Manager.
 
Have a look in /usr/share/enigma2/ for skins you installed.
 
Thanks everyone for your advise and tips, I'm so glad to say it's now working!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
By going into it via ftp and deleting my non default skin it rebooted straight away.
I have now updated the image via the box it's self so hopefully no more problems!!! :nono:
 
Glad to hear that , now you can watch Sound of Music it's on every bloody Xmas :D
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top