Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Is movie cover/info possible on LCD Duo2?

grantdavey91

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2015
Messages
313
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Essex UK
Hi, All.

I have been playing around with some settings on lcd4linux around the design on my duo2.

I have it how I want it for normal tv viewing, screen 1 as full mk picon and screen 2 as programme info, clock, tuner, small picon and background image

For media/hdd and movies, all I get is a black background with some white text that just says 'name of movie.m4v' in the middle.

I was playing around with how I can make this better on lcd4linux settings through openwebif, I have improved it a little; however

I am wondering if it's possible to display a movie backdrop or poster of the current movie playing, and then on lcd2 or screen 2, the name of the movie, progress bar, info etc..

I have designed what I want it to look like :


8mile.webp

So I want the movie cover to display basically.

I know how to do the rest anyway, but just so it shows above what I have in mind.

I did notice on the lcd4linux settings that there is 'show cover' option, I did enable this but it didn't do nothing other than show a red screen.

There is also other settings like API keys etc but I have no idea how this works or how it is set up

I have quite a few movies and tv shows on my external drive that I am using on my duo 2 and just seeing if it's a possibility to have the look of the above picture when playing back those movies, or similar to the picture so it shows the movie cover at least.

I have read other posts about this being possible but I haven't found anything around how I go about making this possible.

Any help is appreciated,, many thanks in advance
 
The DUO2 has a VFD (governed by a skin via 'frontpanel display') and an LCD (that is governed by L4L). To prevent misunderstandings I changed the title of the thread from "Is movie cover/info possible on VFD LCD Duo2?" to "Is movie cover/info possible on LCD Duo2?".

When you go to the web-IF --> L4L --> Media you see the 'show cover' thick box. Did you try that?
 
Hi,
DUO2 uses LCD4Linux for the LCD and there is an option to download and display cover which must be enabled. The success might depend on the filename. Try for a test a simple file like terminator.mkv which must not contain Terminator it is only for the cover test.

ciao
 
Hi,
DUO2 uses LCD4Linux for the LCD and there is an option to download and display cover which must be enabled. The success might depend on the filename. Try for a test a simple file like terminator.mkv which must not contain Terminator it is only for the cover test.

ciao

hi, thanks for your reply; i already tried this; my first 5 movies at the top of the list in the hdd were 13 going on 30, 101 dalmatians, 102 dalmatians, 300 and avatar

i made the 5 different png files and named them exactly the same as the movie file e.g 13 going on 30 is named 13 going on 30.m4v on hdd, i named the png to 13 going on 30.m4v.png and placed in the movie folder

i then placed the other 4 png files naming them exactly the same as the movie file

next i went into lcd4linux and chose 'show cover' and put in the search path location the exact location of the movies & covers.

it worked first of all for 13 going on 30, but then i chose 101 dalmatians but this also displayed the cover for 13 going on 30; tried the other 3 also, and was the same result

it seems to be the search path location is just picking up the very first png file for no matter what movie i play :/
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top