mauri
Forum Supporter

- Joined
- Dec 10, 2010
- Messages
- 214
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
By this statement you show clearly that you have no idea what you are talking about, in spite of the fact that this has been elaborated on our forum several times.
So for the final time, I'll try to explain things:
Once upon a time we build PV from their repos, made special adaptations to make it ViX-compatible and made PV available via our feeds. This however resulted in two major problems;
1- the update-function within PV could not be left out, as by than the plugin didn't work at all. The result was that people used that update function (in spite of our repeated warnings), which resulted in a bricked box. A reflash was the only option, and we were being blamed for this problem.
2- PV changed so often, that is was impossible to keep up with that.
So you see: we have done quite some work to get PV running, but this was not a sustainable situation. Neihter for us, nor for users.
Furthermore: show me one image where the image-makers spent so much time and effort on making many (much asked for) plugins compatible, or even embedded them in the image as ViX did. So don't come here to tell us we should do more.
And last but not least: as the name 'Open-ViX' already suggests, our complete repos is available to all interested parties. So any plugin builder has every opportunity to have a look in there, and to adapt his work to ViX if he wants to.
PV is a project, as the name reveals. It even is an open project: you can add your devotedness to their work and/or you can ask the team to adapt PV to ViX (or any other image for that matter).
But don't come here and tell us we have to do even more than we already do. And don't turn the world upside down by saying that an image should be a plugin for PV.
BTW: If you don't feel comfortable with the present situation, you're a lucky guy: there are plenty of images to choose from!
It seems taht I somehow pushed the wrong button (I do not mean the thanks button that I just pushed for your lengthy reply) in this VIX Vs PV discussion.
Surely your last reply explained very well the whys of PV incompatibilities with VIX. And I am thankful you did.
But, don't blame me for things that I did not say. I did not say, that VIX should go around PV needs or peculiarities. I just said why not share. Obviously I was not aware of the full openness of VIX code, or that VIX did do quite a lot of work fine tuning PV for VIX image. And no, I am not a programmer, nor a VIX tester, neither a wos forum moderator, hence I do not have the full picture when discussing something. I was merely giving my personal opinion, not judging anyone, nor making sarcastic comments (like your last comment Rob).
I believe this is an open forum, in which I have learned a lot, maximizing my vu box usage - and I am thankful to everyone's support being poured here.
I also try to give my modest support to the forum users, sharing my personal experiences.
As a final comment, please do not jump into someones throat, only because he has an opinion which might not be the most well informed opinion.